$84 million Microsoft CEO: We pay women equally: Are women treated equally in the workplace?

• I believe we must pay women equally.

Today is not Joseon Dynasty and we must not discriminate against anyone based on their gender. Change thoughts then. If you are a man, and if you get 2 hundred thousand and the woman gets 7 hundred thousand? Are you gonna feel happy for getting paid lower than the women?

• Yes, I believe that women are treated equally in the work force.

I believe that women are treated equally now a days in the work force as men. Especially in countries like Canada and the United States. A lot has changed from what used to go on in the olden days in the workplace and anywhere that I have worked I have been given the same capabilities and encouragement that all the men recieved. There isn't anything they can do that I can't.

• In Todays Job Market, Women are Treated Equally as Men

Based on my experiences, woman are treated just as equally as men in the job market. For instance, most upper-management positions at fortune 500 companies are filled by woman. Furthermore, woman are going to school and receiving advanced degrees in order to fulfil their careers. According to the American Bar Association, the number of females graduating law school has increased by over 50% since 1990.

• No, I don't think women are treated equally

I don't believe women are treated equally in the workplace because year after year we have legislation being voted on to get rid of that discrimination. Not only that, but big businesses are repeatedly noticing the inequality in their own workplaces. Women are not given raises competitively with men, nor are they given promotions at the same rate.

• Women have always been paid less and promoted less than men.

Women have never been paid as much or promoted as much as men in this country. This is a fact that cannot be denied as the statistical evidence is clear and indisputable. In 2013, female full-time workers made only 78 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 22 percent. Women, on average, earn less than men in virtually every single occupation for which there is sufficient earnings data for both men and women to calculate an earnings ratio. It is up to our Congress to pass protections for women in the workplace to encourage equal pay and equal opportunity.