"Denmark, an innocent country that did nothing wrong. They are friendly people who love the water and don't mind the cold weather" -- dumb statement?

Asked by: Adam2isback
  • Chose the pic for a reason; cause of these people belong on "Are you Smarter than a 5th grader"

Um, Denmark had, based on what I remember reading a few years ago, a rather brutal and nasty empire.
    Should have added this years ago
    At least from what I know
    in the Danish West Indies and I believe the Gold Coast, Danish troops during conquest would take the civilian men and boys and chop their fingers and sometimes hands off.
    Colonial punishment for indigenous people rebellling against Danish rule was to be burned and tortured with a hotiron in public (in front of a gang of other guys who were troops watching).

• A Proper Statement That Shows Insight

Danes are some of the nicest people I know. Not trying to overgeneralize here, but I think most Danes are very friendly and courteous. I have a friend who has half-Danish ancestry and he is very polite and friendly, just like his ancestors. Danish people are natural sailors and swimmers as I have seen with my friend. It took me a few years to master sailing, but he and his father and his grandfather have all been sailors, a good profession for the Danish. They do not mind the cold weather. Like in northern Sweden and Norway, we went for a short time. It was very cold, below freezing, but we were fine drinking beer and having a laugh. Danes are great people to be friends with, like with all Nordic people.

The statement in your title is completely factual and is not dumb at all. It is an insightful comment that only a person with high intelligence and experience could say.