(For The Anime Fans) If Sword Art Online was real, and the parameters set forth in the anime are still there, would you play?

Asked by: Bloodmancer
  • Why not play?

As we watch more and more of media, we often become aware of our lives in comparison to others. In these mythical worlds, like AinCrad, we have the abilities to live how we like without the limitations of the real world. It is often noticed that people change significantly when online, where there are less limitations. They show off their true colors and get to be who they truly are. The fact that we die in real life if we die in SAO does not even affect me. If we could never leave, SAO might as well be considered real life.

• Hell to the yes!

Okay, to be honest, I only know of this series because my one friend talks about it a lot, and I've only ever seen the first episode and read the script for X.5 episode. That being said, the idea of being stuck inside an RPG universe fighting things sounds pretty awesome, and you get the bonus of unlimited consequenceless sex (the X.5 script I read was a sex scene between the main character and the daughter of some very high ranking person).

• Hell yea! Yes please

I would play for sure. The fact of finding love by being selfless and sacrificing . The fact of making friends on your journey. The fact you get to defeat bad ass mobs with a sword and friends. It sounds epic. The thing that really would make me go is the first fact I stated. Love, it would true true love as you would love everything about them in game as also they look the same as real life. You would fall in love with who they are.

• Definitely, indubitably, yes.

It's just like real life, only more exciting and more fulfilling in my opinion. Some of you are saying no because you're afraid to die, but what's the point of living if you're not getting all you can out of it. I'd rather live 2 years in my perfect fantasy world than another day here where we have so many rules and have so many things society looks down on just because it can.

• Definitely, indubitably, yes.

• Better than every day life.

Better then going to work and dealing with the stress of this world. That life is simpler however more dangerous. Look if we don't take risks and feel what it means to live here, why live at all if you will never know what it feels like to really live. In there is the real life. Out here is the trap of a world with rules a guidelines made by people no better then any of us.

• In a Heart beat

I wouldn't even think twice about logging in, to me a virtual world is better than real life any day. It would be a dream come true, to quote Kirito, "I feel more alive here than in the real world." Which for me is true. Link start and Fight. Forever

• There's NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

Life is all about purpose. What more purpose could a single life have than that of saving thousands. Everything else is just a bonus! If you die you are sacrificing yourself to save others, and in the meantime you get to go beyond the boundaries of life. Only in a game can people be as powerful as their will. Otherwise there is too much inability in life.

• Oh Goddess yes!

Being in Sword Art Online is my dream. I'm no where near as bad, but imagine people like Stephen Hawking. It wouldn't be your body but your mind going in. It would offer so much freedom. No more asthma or double scoliosis. I WOULD KILL ALL THE MONSTERS TO DEATH.

• Sword Art Online forever!

Although it is true that we are stuck in the game imagine it compared to real life. You live according to your skills as a gamer and you can be what you always wanted to be in the game whether it is a swordsman, fisherman, blacksmith, trader, or a beast tamer. I personally love rpg games so I wouldn't mind to live in a game where my dreams can became a reality.

• AinCrad no Alfheim yes

Being one that has seen the series. Sure fight for your life sounds amazing but once you die then what? It's over hmm? Everyone saying yes must be prepared that if they were to screw up no matter how high of a level they've gotten to die and not experience the world ever again. I'd prefer Alfheim because of the less battle for your life parameters. You are free to toggle between reality and the game world free of fearing for your life every turn knowing that if you make enemies with the wrong group of people not only the monsters will be after your life.

• Hell no I wouldnt play it

Call me crazy, but I wouldnt want to play a game that literally traps you inside it where if you get killed in the game you get killed in real life... Thats just taking one lifetime and splitting it into two and cutting both of them tragically short, which is something I would never opt for

• Bad Idea all

Simple:of course everyone would want to play... I would. But if virtual reality games grow and everyone starts playing them. The real world around us would fall and people would like meeting in the games more and more.People would be distant in life and just play the game. The world would not be the same!

• Please no perma-death

I'd be all over this if there was a sort of challenge mode where you join a specific server and if you die in this server you are no longer part of the competition/challenge

or at the very least if you die, you get a cooldown before you can play the game again.

It's all about the fact that apparently if you die ingame you die IRL. Those are too high stakes for a VIDEOGAME. Money and more chances for me to die irl to play the game? I don't think so. Even if I get completely immersed.

• Alfheim yes, AinCrad, NO!

I can't believe most people are saying "yes". You want to die in real life from playing a video game? I'd play Alfheim since you can die in the game without dying in real life, but I wouldn't play AinCrad if I knew about it. Of course in the anime nobody knows until the game master makes his announcement, so I might have wound up stuck in the game anyways. But chances are I would have been too busy to play the game when it first opened.