"Haters gon hate" -- cool phrase (yes) or stupid (no)? Why?

Asked by: Adam2
  • Very cool phrase!

Haters gon hate is a great phrase because it speaks to the importance of always being yourself. No matter what you do people are going to disagree with you, so instead of changing who you are, just let the haters roll past you and you will be a lot happier with yourself!

• Lame fix your vocabulary

Haters gon hate is one of the dumbest phrases I have heard in my entire life. People in their teens use that phrase as an excuse for everything. If you do something stupid, you should not defend it claiming you have haters and that they are going to hate you no matter what you do.

• A stupid phrase...

Don't get me wrong, the message of being yourself and not letting yourself be defined by your 'haters' is great and all, but this is such a disgusting way to express it, and is also becoming an excuse for people to do stupid and awful things, but it's ok because 'haters gon hate'

• It's a dumb phrase

Used by rappers and thugs who think they're invisible. This is the same stupid line lovers of McD's tend to use a lot. Lol. It's a dumb phrase said by dumb people. I would cringe at someone saying such stupidity. It's dumb and annoying. God help me. It's stupid as heck.