Should kids be permitted to choose whatever clothes they want to wear outside of school?

• Why they should

Wow. Simply wow. Kids need to wear what they want because they will feel embarrassed when their friends are wearing the clothing they want but their parents will not let them wear it and they may get teased. I didn't get to wear what I wanted in childhood and I got teased, so yeah.

• Trusting helps a lot

More parents need to trust their children more as the children will feel depressed becuase that their parents don't even trust them to buy thier own out of school clothes.I am 12 yrs old and my mum trusts me to buy sensible clothes a.All you need is to show a some trust.

• Trusting helps a lot

• Guidance Is Key

At 7 years of age I have allowed my son to pick out his own clothes to wear both at school and outside of school. There have been a few times when he has made decisions that didn't look proper and he was asked to change and we explained why his selections were not proper. Overall, it's been pretty straight forward and it's caused little problems. I believe it is fine to let children pick their clothes as long as they receive guidance when they need it.

• Why they should

• Up to Parents

Until a child either becomes liberated or turns 18, it is up to parents to determine what their children should wear outside of a school setting. Although there are no dress codes aside from anti-nudity laws, kids should be dressed appropriately for the weather and in good taste. It's up to the parent or guardian to determine what children wear in public.