"The state is not abolished, it withers away." - Friedrich Engels. Do you agree with this assessment?

• The state wants to be powerful.

Yes, I agree with the assessment that the state is not abolished, and rather withers away, because the state naturally wants to be powerful. The USSR was not abolished, it withered away because it could no longer maintain control and power. The United States is on track to wither away, as it spends itself into bankruptcy.

• Governments Usually Di

I do agree with Friedrich Engels quote, "The state is not abolished, it withers away." I believe this is true for the most part because those directly working within the government are biased enough that they can't step back and look at what has happened with clarity. Therefore it is common for a government to continue even when it isn't effective.

• I agree with the statement that :The state is not abolished, it withers away".

Our state is often looked at by other in the opinion that people in a large position of power make the choices alone that create the problems we have. We can not look at our situation and believe the blame is places solely on the people in charge. We are the only ones who can make small changes that will ultimately lead to larger ones.

• Yes, we must wait for the state to wither away.

Yes, as Friedrich Engles stated, the state must wither away instead of being radically abolished. It is profoundly difficult to change the ideologies of any individual, and without changing the beliefs of certain groups, the only way in which the state could be abolished would be by force. This would make the revolting individuals just as tyrannical as the current ruling class. As time passes, however, old paradigms die off and new ones are gradually adopted by more of the population.

• Not at all

I do not agree with this statement, and I think that once a state is established, they do not have to wither away, they can continue to grow and prosper and be a world leader. Look at England, they have been around for a long time, and have not withered.