"Too big to fail": Should the government control oversized, powerful financial institutions?

• The government should be allowed control over financial institutions

I believe that the government should be allowed to control the financial institutions as right now the big banks and other financial services institutions are allowed free reign and are given loopholes so that they are able to make the richer, richer. There needs to be better control over methods of lending and rampant and opportunistic bank fees that take advantage of individuals who are not financially savvy.

• No, the government should not control oversized, powerful financial institutions.

I do not believe that the government should have control over oversized , powerful financial institutions. That would be too much like communism to me. We live in a capitalist society and no matter how powerful these financial institutions get, they should continue to have free reign. The government could however make tougher fines for those financial institutions that exploit people.