1 Dead, 9 Missing in Chinese Mine Collapse: Is China doing enough to ensure miners' safety?

• I believe China is doing enough to ensure miner's safety

I do believe that China is doing enough to ensure miner's safety. I would assume that, just like other industrialized nations in the world, the Chinese government has special rules and regulations set up to ensure a safe work environment. Sometimes however, a person can do everything right and still run into accidents and problems. The only way to get past these tragedies is to investigate and better prepare for problems that might arise.

• No, China is not doing enough to ensure safety.

In my opinion, China is not doing enough to ensure the safety of their miners. Due to the collapse, which likely would've and could've been preventable with the proper in-mine infrastructure and safety measures, a person is dead and nine more are missing. Mining is dangerous and puts people at risk, and the strictest of safety measures need to be in place.

• No, China is not doing enough to ensure miners' safety.

In my opinion, China could most definitely doing more to ensure the safety of its miners. The latest tragedy was ruled to be a definite work safety incident. If even one death was caused by the lack of proper safety on the job, the country needs to be doing more.

• No, China could do more to ensure miners' safety.

No, I believe there is a lot more China can do to keep their miners safe. Mining is such a dangerous profession. Workers know there are risks to the job, but every safety measure should be taken to minimize these risks. It seems there are too many reports of miners in China getting injured while doing their job. I am sure something can be done to lower these numbers.