11,000 year-old pendant found in Britain: Should we invest more in studying these ancient artifacts?

• 11,000 year-old pendant found in Britain: We should invest more in studying these ancient artifacts.

11,000 year-old pendant found in Britain from the Early Mesolithic site at Star Carr in North Yorkshire is unique. We should invest more in studying these ancient artifacts because they hold the key to our past and help us to understand not just the cultures and histories of the past, but give us clues to the gradual progression and evolution of ideas and human beings.

• Yes we need to invest more in studying these

Inorder to understand and preserve ancient heritages, we need to make investments. The pendant found in Britain was a very rare piece and was around 11000 years old. Making investments in studying these ancient ancient artefacts will always help in reviving the rich heritage and traditions of the country. Hence i agree,

• It may open up jobs

If we devote more money to studying ancient artifacts that means more people will have jobs since someone will have to study all those pendants and broken plates and bowls. No one is going to study them for free, at least not for long. More jobs is a good thing and we might end up learning something useful from these ancient cultures.

• No, I disagree.

I do not believe that more money should be invested in ancient artifacts and their meaning. History is important to me but so is getting my nation out of debt and helping struggling countries to thrive.
    So much money is put into insignificant research and I believe it should be put into the people who are alive today.