29 killed in Nigeria: Is Islam a threat to the world?

• Islam, and any other religion, can pose a threat.

Any religion in which supporters aren't open-minded, or supportive of human rights outside of the religion, poses a threat to the world. Any time a person thinks they are better than others, and take their religion so seriously they defend it with violence, they pose a threat. Christianity had a huge problem with it in the past during the crusades and Salem Witch Trials. Today Islam is posing a big threat.

• Islam is a threat ot the world

Islam has been and will always be a threat to the world. It's not that I don't like the people, I don't like what the religion teaches people and how people should treat each other. I found some grueling evidence that suggests some harsh things that they can do to unbelievers, and honestly, that scares me and tells me the religion in itself is dangerous. Even if one doesnt practice everything that it says, the fact is it is still written and some people will do what it says.

• Not Islam, but all Fundamentalism is the Threat:

Islam itself is not the problem, most Islam followers are fairly moderate, decent human beings.
    It's the core of Delusional Fundamentalists all Religions that is still the biggest threat to the world, even Christian Fundamentalism causes needless death and destruction, both historically and currently, though their current damage is more Surreptitious, as they have learned to hide their depravity and stupidity from the media.

• Islam is not

The threat to the world. Our inherent sin, from Adam's original sin, that infects all of us in the reason for every evil in the world. That inherent sin manifests itself in outward actions of evil and selfishness big and small. The violent actions of the members of the radical sects of Islam are a result of that same inherent sin.

Romans 8:20-23 ESV

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

• Islam is not a threat to the world

It is my opinion that Islam is not a threat to the world. I feel that many radical groups take up arms in the name of religion and create a negative perception of any followers of the religion that are not extremist nor violent. Islam is a religion and not a threat.

• Separate culture and religion, folks.

The Islamic terrorists you see on the news are a spawn of culture, not necessarily religion. It is possible to be peaceful and a Muslim too, as exemplified by the hundreds of millions of Muslims around the world who do not commit acts of violence in the name of their religion. Instead, it is a mix of culture and socio-economic conditions that spawns this sort of hard-line extremism.

• No, Islam is not a threat to the world.

I do not believe that Islam is a threat to the world. While a lot of people have been committing crimes in the name of Islam, I think that a lot of these individuals are not acting in the true spirit of Islam. I think that Islam shouldn't be punished because of a bunch of extremists.