5 Million Gmail passwords leaked: Is two-step authentication by Google sufficient to protect your online privacy?

• How about not using gmail at all?

I don't use it, but I don't really care about people hacking into my accounts though. It's funny that google tried to tell people that google wanted people's phone numbers for "security" purposes. Yea right. Sure they did. Just like america became fascist in order to "fight terorism" right? I'm not buying it. Google probably hacked their own accounts to justify all the "security improvements".

• Gmail Password Protection is Reliable

Gmail/Google password protection is reliable. Its the users that should be much more careful when choosing passwords. Always going through the instructions carefully and picking strong passwords from combinations of words and symbols, is a must. It is also advisable that the password should be changed at least once in a year. Most importantly, the public wifi spots should not be trusted with personal information and passwords.

• No, will never be enough

I think that in this day and age that passwords will never be 100 percent safe. With the amount of hacks and how capable people are it seems like they always find a way in. It might take them longer to figure out with the two step authentication but they always will come up with a way.

• Not Enough Steps Ever

One step, two step, eleven step, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hackers will get around a two step authentication process eventually anyway. Users have to protect their information as much as possible, but regardless, there is little that can be done to prevent a determined bad guy.

• No, Continued security improvements are needed

The fact that five million Gmail passwords were leaked is reason enough for Google to continue to find stronger security measures to protect it users. Even if that means Google users must follow more steps and supply more information to log in to their accounts. Users should be willing to do what is needed to ensure the highest level of security.