700 mile US Mexico border fence: Is a 700 mile fence on the US-Mexico border justified?

• Yes, it is justified

But if anybody thinks putting up a fence is going to solve the illegal immigrations issues we have in this country, well, they must be a Republican. It's a project worth doing but we also have to change our policies so that becoming a legal immigrant has enough incentives to make people want to do it. Illegal immigrants don't come here illegally because it's fun for them, they do it because they think it's the best option.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No. A 700 mile fence on the US Mexico border is not justified.

No. I do not believe there is financial justification for investing in a 700 mile fence to span the border between the US and Mexico. I do believe that the US should secure it's borders, however there are more cost effective ways to prevent illegal immigration. I feel that technology will find a creative solution to border patrol support, and immigration reform will prove to discourage illegal immigration in the future.