A life sentence of torture is more justice and a better deterrent than the death sentence

Asked by: purplemamba
  • I agree people have done HORRIBLE things yet are killed which make them forget how many lives they have ruined.

I think living while knowing that you did an extremely bad thing such as murder is much more painful then dying.You will have to wake up everyday knowing you cant get out nor that you will ever.However if that criminal was still treated with respect and is extremely taken care of in the prison then the death sentence would be better however to make someone guilty they should remind them of how many lives were ruined/lost and treat them like they are simply important or worthless as living is a a beautiful thing that we take for granted until we die.

• These people have spent their lives torturing others.

Death is just an easy way to go. They deserve to be tortured. Though I do believe just a trial at court isn't enough, because some people are innocent. I believe that only the killers and torturers should go through this and that anyone else should get a quick death.

• This is not about justice, but about revenge.

If we really want to be fair we would try to comprehend why some people have done such horrible things, how we can help them (if we can), and how we should "punish" them to let them understand, and not because of what they have done - also for a long-perspective focuses on prevent certain kinds of events. These decisions shouldn't be driven by the will to transmit the anger: it doesn't mean either to justify these actions or to not be respectful to the victims. It's just an external consideration of the whole situation without any emotional contact. It's true that we're human, it's impossible to be emotionally untouched by certain things, and this is fair enough; but we have also the power to rationalize things. I think this is the real justice when there is no emotion on it. So the real question should be: is justice subjective or objective? And have we ever had justice in the world?

• Life is a gift.

You can still find happiness in confined life. Prisoners receive a life of communication, food, warmth, and free time. I'll agree that this is arguable to the point that the said prisoner could find redemption and live regretting their decision. But that's thinking of a prisoner that has empathy. If a person stabbed their mother 20 times, I doubt they will end up regretting such an act. You have to realize the gift behind life, the point of an ability to perceive moments, and feel happiness. With a crime so severe to show a person with psychopathic tendencies, death should be the answer. Death as well is a cheaper option to keeping a person alive.

• I was tortured.

Why would I wish torture on anyone else? Torture is always wrong, and never justified. All humans and animals have the ABSOLUTE right to not be tored, even those that tortured me. Torture is cruel and unusual punishment. It should be abolished worldwide. Puppies are baby dogs. Kittens are baby cats. Ugh, what.

• A death sentence still represents a chance to escape

Criminals should be aware that killing or committing a big enough crime has immediate consequences. A life sentence means that there is still a way to escape, therefore the punishment is not greater. Also, a death sentence is a good idea for countries with a lot of jail breakouts, that way this will lessen, and more space will be made for new criminals.

• Irrational people don't care about consequences

Any individual irrational enough to seriously consider going on a killing spree will not think about consequences. Thousands of people have been put to death, yet murders and serial killings are as prevalent as ever. Also, there is a chance those put to death are innocent of their crimes. There is nothing worse than putting an innocent to the death or torturing them for life. You call this justice? It's absolutely disgusting. You would need half a thousand full time torturers. That is wrong on so many levels. Many who are put to death have tortured others such as the Bound Torture Kill serial killer. How is it suddenly morally sound to torture when others have been put to death for that very same act? It's completely hypocritical. There is nothing morally or logically sound about sentencing people to a life of torture.

Leaning says2018-01-16T20:50:13.777
I have to agree with the Supreme Court.
Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=Hyph_DZa_GQ