A physicist publishes an article in the name of a cat and no one notices: Is this kind of academic dishonesty serious?

• Yes it is.

The physicist was likely trying to make a point. It does not make a lot of sense to publish in a cat's name, but it does prove how easy it is to publish someone else's article as your own. This is a practice that needs to be stopped, and there needs to be more honesty.

• Yes, i agree.

I strongly support that this is a kind of academic dishonesty. This is taking everything as a joke rather than the seriousness that it deserves. The physicist was actually wrong by publishing an article in the name of a cat. This was not the right thing to do, and therefore i disapprove this.

• It was most likely a joke

I haven't actually heard about this happening until right now but I would have a few questions. Does the article actually have any scientific value or was it just released to the public as a sort of a joke. And my second question is Why do people even care about this topic? Cats cannot write so of course he didn't write it.

• I don't think this is dishonest at all.

I think the incident of a scientist publishing an article in the name of a cat shows how little attention is given to scientific journals. What percentage of the population reads them other than a small group of elite who are members of a certain field of study. This may have been done intentionally to demonstrate this.