• It has been proven that students who follow a stricter dress code have improved attention in class, participation in class and classroom attendance.

A school dress code is needed for several reasons.
    1. Less distractions.
    2. Students attend school to learn.
    3. Reinforces positive attitudes.
    4. It has been proven that students who dress in uniforms or follow a stricter dress code
    have improved attention in class, participation in class and classroom attendance.

• Dress codes are good

Dress codes are good, cause they can cause a distraction but we should to able to have a bit of freedom to wear whatever we want. There also good cause, if a student wears a spaghetti straps it cause a distraction to the boys. So, that's why dress is good

• Dress codes are good to an extent.

Dress codes are good because they can help prevent distractions such as short shorts, short/tight shirts, and crazy hair. Although, sometimes they can go overboard with it. You should still be able to express yourself, just do it in an appropriate manner. If you cannot see any cleavage so to speak, then it should be okay to wear. This goes for boys and girls both.

-MHyatt

• Dress code is a good idea

I think a school dress code is a good idea, students haven't think what should she/he wearing today. They cannot worry the other students will poke fun at them,because they are all wear as same as the uniforms. When the school didn't have the dress code, students maybe always care about show off their self with their friends. Student will not distracted on their academic achievement for school have a dress code is a good idea too,because student know they are wear the school uniforms it is representative their school. They will not do some negative action. This can make school have a positive image. When the parents saw the school have a dress code they will relieved. Parents maybe arrange their child reading this school too. When the school have a dress code can improved attention in class, because student will not look at the other student and think what are they wear style today. They only wear the uniforms did not have different. Student will pay attention on their class. So I think dress code is a good idea.

• They should be in every school!

Uniforms teach students how to listen to authority, how to not judge based on who has what and who doesn't, and teaches them about proper dress and uniformity that will translate to the workplace when they get out of school. Uniforms allow schools to teach students the lesson of following protocol as well. Plus most teenage girls dress revealing, and they are targeted by predators and are treated as objects, not women.

• It his a good idea.

A dress code is not necessary but it is useful. It makes everyone equal because It is not right to expose kids to social and economic inequalities at tender ages and a school dress code makes things more affordable for parents. Also, a school dress code helps students to focus more on their academic performance.

• Best for the student.

School can be tough for many students, being different does not help. I doubt things have changed much since my days in school. Everyone tends to belong to various groups and each group tends to have their own dress code, in a sense as you can usually tell what group they belong to by how they dress. This causes each group to become separate and their dress code in a sense prohibits interaction between students. If the students all dressed the same, these barriers would be less visual. This would help united the students instead of keeping them separate.
    Another factor is bullying. Though some differences will still be evident, i.e. race, other visual factors will be much less so. It may not stop bullying but it would likely help.
    School is not a fashion show. You could equate it to a students occupation. Much as many businesses have dress codes, instituting one would make the purpose of attending school clearer. I am not saying a school uniform is the answer but sleeved button down shirts with slacks for boys and a solid color knee length skirt for the girls. It would also include things like black or brown casual shoes and other clothing for phy. Ed.

• No guns in school!

I've learnt in 6th (or 7th. Idk) that some school uniforms make it hard to sneak a gun or knife without making it difficult. I'll use Wunderlich's dress code. They're just standard shirts, solid color, and a neat collar (also going with what these other guys are saying, less distraction). Shorts make it difficult to carry a rifle or shotgun.

• Clothes are good

Lets face it, kids are not always the best at picking out clothes for school and sadly, some parents aren't either. Dress codes help set guidelines to keep you from making decisions you might regret. Other kids might stare at you or make fun of you because of something you wore to school that day, and sometimes that really hurts.

• As long as its not too restricting it should be fine.

I think that dress codes should be fine as long as the school enforcing the dress code doesn't go overboard. I also believe that the punishment shouldn't be anything to sneeze at, but at the same time, the actions taken to enforce the dress code shouldn't have anything to do with humiliation. It should be something simple like just having them sit in the office and having to call their parents to come get them or bring them clothes. I understand that some people don't have the money to buy a new outfit, the school should give the people that can't afford clothes an outfit just for the time being. For the schools stuck on the ideas of uniforms, please AT LEAST make them comfy. You want kids to focus, no one can focus when the are picking at a tag, or scratching at their collars because the clothes rub them. One last thing schools do need to have some sort of moderation on shorts so girls or boys don't end up showing too much, but if someone just left practice and just want to grab some shorts and cool off a little, let them.

(=^-^=) CW

• It Is Not A Good Idea

Its Hard For Students To Dress Formally Everyday We Want Freedom. Most Schools In The USA Have No Dress Code. UNI's Have No Dress Code. AND We Are Never Going To Wear Our Uniform Outside Of School So Why Make Us Spend $80 On A School Uniform.
    Need More Words

• Most of the time they are strict on female students.

I feel like it is bad because it can be counter-intuitive. People will likely break the regulations with the uniform standards somehow. Most of the time, dress codes are strict when it comes to women. It kinda isn't fair. As far as a distraction, well, those are going to happen with or without a uniform. If a female student is curvy/full figured, then a polo with some slacks isn't gonna hide it. Male students need to learn look at the female student as a beautiful growing woman.. Not a sex figure. The distractions you speak of come from immaturity. I do not see how it enforces a positive attitude when most students cannot stand the sight of a school uniform.

• Why make us spend money on a complete new wardrobe?

I mean we have a entire wardrobe that we where everyday why make us buy more clothes? And then you say you do it to help the poor kids, but in reality you're just making them spend more money on clothes that they don't truly need, I mean so what one person has emblem on their shirt, and the other person doesn't? I don't know about when you were in school but nobody really cares about that anymore.

• No Dress Code!

I don't really care if we have a dress code or if we don't. It can be good and bad either way. I think we should be able to wear what we want to, but not to inappropriate. I think people make it a bigger deal than it really is.

• Why can't we express ourselves in our clothes?

The schools' might as well just be a fashion show because that is what has come down to with the school dress code they're taking away the way we express ourselves in our clothes and our hair, give them time, it's going to be our music next. We are there for education not fashion tips for old people.

• Dress codes are wrong

Dress codes are wrong because people want to dress how they want to dress as long as its not inappropriate. They shouldn't have to wear hot uniforms during spring. Plus some people cant help it if they have long legs and they cant find a lot of shorts that fit without being somewhat short. C Wilbourn

• I think dress codes goes over board.

I support the dress code to an certain extent. I think that they focus on girls way to much. I think that the guys should also have limits too. Sometime the dress code makes it hard for people to find clothes. Mostly summer, because we have to find shorts that reach our fingertips; when some people have long arms. I just feel that sometimes they should back off the girls a little so it can be a little easier to find clothes. B.Mason.

• Why not let us express ourselves?

As a teenage girl, it's hard to get up in the morning and pick out a "decent" outfit to wear. I understand that girls and boys should have certain boundaries when it comes to the clothes they wear, but let us wear what we want. Wearing what teachers and principals want us to wear is not expressing yourself.

• I think no.

I support the dress code to an extent. I just think that if you want to wear what you want you should be able to. Clothes are Clothes either way. And with girls they like to shop so why shop and spend a lot of money on clothes if you cant wear them. What if one day you don't want to dress up? Well you cant wear athletic shorts or anything because they are not allowed but I think that if they are allowed in PE they should be allowed during school too.

C Yates

With the schools' dress code it takes away our freedom to express ourselves in our own ways and that way is our clothes and hair. It's like schools' are turning into a fashion show and instead of teaching us education they're teaching us fashion advice... For old people. We want to express ourselves not be told what to wear and when to wear it.

Vox_Veritas says2015-08-18T03:49:45.047
Yes. The sexism charge is overblown; it does not do psychological damage to a girl to make her wear a skirt (and even then, pants could very easily be an option for girls), and forcing boys to wear pants does not do psychological damage to them. Temperature is not an issue, considering that school does not typically take place in summer months.
The fundamental purpose of a dress code is to create a sense of a formal learning environment, which according to what I have observed is not a bad thing. It would also end debate over what kind of t-shirts are permissible.
The only reason that anyone would be opposed to this idea would either be that sometimes idiotic American emphasis on absolute individualism or a Liberal sense of butthurt over anything that may imply gender roles.
Vox_Veritas says2015-08-18T03:51:08.370
The Government could provide students with school uniforms, which would end any questions about whether or not poor people could obtain them.
Vox_Veritas says2015-08-18T03:54:55.780
Also, if students all across the country wore standard American Public School uniforms, it could help enforce a national identity and group cohesion.