A Texas school district spends $12 million in surplus money on a football stadium, but forgets it needs to build an elementary school. Does Texas have its priorities straight?

• Nope, it does not.

No, Texas does not have its priorities straights. When it values football over education, something is wrong with this picture. How could the district forget to build an elementary school? Why would a stadium ever be more important than a school? It makes no sense to me. Education should come before sports.

• No, they do not.

I have spent some time in Texas and I can tell you that high school football and college football, and to some extent professional football is the only thing they care about. It is probably not the first time a school has neglected thier academic needs to prioritize football over sorting else.

• School spending is out of control

I live in Texas and I have had many recent conversations about issues like this. Texas has a lot of good schools and a lot of good teachers, but our spending is out of control. Athletic teams get new facilities and new uniforms every year while teachers have to buy their own supplies for their classrooms and facilities are in desperate need of repairs. I know football brings in a lot of money, but schools needs to get their priorities straight and spend more money on real needs and real education.

• Education comes first

Education is more important than football. I understand that a lot of towns have a football first mentality, I live in a town with that view point. If you have a bunch of kids that are football centered instead of education centered once they graduate and are no longer the football hero what do they then have. You can count on one hand how many will go on to get football scholarships and even less who will ever see the NFL. It's just sad when a sport that only lasts the four years of high school becomes more important than what career and job opportunities these kids will have for the rest of their lives.