Aaliyah was a R&B singer who helped shape the industry. Would artists such as Aaliyah and Tupac approve of the way the music industry has taken shape?

• No, these two African-American artists would not approve of the way the music industry has taken shape

Speaking specifically of R&B in the music industry over the last few years, most R&B success was seen by white artists who topped the billboard charts over black artists. I don't think Tupac would like the fact that artists like Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke are taking over R&B, as well as labels pressuring artists to go more "pop".

• They Wouldn't Like Everyone

I don't think Aaliyah and Tupac would completely agree with everything today in the music industry but I think if they were alive, they would have helped to make it better the more. Some music today isn't really speaking about anything and I don't think the two artists would have fed into that completely but they probably would have much more music with depth.

• No, artists such as Aaliyah and Tupac would not approve of the way that the music industry has taken shape.

No, I do not believe that artists such as Aaliyah or Tupac would agree with the way that the music industry has taken shape. Each of the aforementioned artists spoke on real world issues and real life situations in their music. Their focus was on conveying messages of love, struggle, and inequality. The current climate of the music industry seems to focus more on the quality of the beat and/or the backing track, and less on lyrical quality.

• I don't think so

There are probably some aspects they woul like and approve of, but with piracy, digital music , and advanced streaming it looks so different. Established artists have to work harder to protect their work, and concert tickets are super expensive.mso there are definitely things I think they would disapprove of.