Academy of Country Music awards: Are awards ceremonies a waste of time and money?

• Country music in itself is kinda unnatural... Lol

Music is universal. Obviously living on a farm and doing the things that allow us people to eat our daily meals every day is a part of life. Music ought to be universal. About love, mostly. That's why I think country music is kinda unnatural. It doesn't make any sense.

• I totally agree

Well, I have always tried to be respectful of the right that everybody has to enjoy any kind of music, and country is not the exception to this. I don't really like country music because I think that musically speaking it is poor and elemental, and I don't understand the display they make around it.

• Self-Importance at it's Worst

Award ceremonies are hack, expensive, wasteful, and simply not relevant or true. Majority of awards given out at shows and ceremonies are from special tiny groups with agendas in picking best winner, it normally has nothing to do with the actual art. The Academy of Country Music awards is used only to further some people's careers and sell tv advertisements.

• No, I don't think Award Ceremonies are a waste of time and money.

I think that as long as the enough people continue to tune into them then award ceremonies are still worth it, I think that overall it is nice for artists and bands to get recognition for their work and many fans of these artists like to watch it happen live.

• Award Ceremonies encourage and acknowledge celebrities who have worked hard

No, I totally disagree that award ceremonies are waste of time and money. In fact, these award ceremonies add more encouragement and they also acknowledge fresh and raw talent. I think more awards of this nature should be held in order to pay tribute to those individuals who work hard.