After 38 years, should the Bloody Sunday Soldiers be prosecuted?

• Illegal is illegal

An illegal act is subject to its statute of limitations, and there is no statute of limitations for murder or killing in most respects. If people are going to be labeled as murderers, and there is action that can be taken against them, 38 years is as good as 38 minutes.

• After 38 years, the Bloody Sunday Soldiers should be prosecuted.

After 38 years, the Bloody Sunday Soldiers should be prosecuted. As long as there is not a statue of limitations, then I feel anyone can be prosecuted if they did something. They should be prosecuted of their crimes so that the families can get justice and put this behind them.

• Yes, it is never too late for justice.

Yes, after 38 years, the Bloody Sunday Soldiers should be prosecuted, because of the harm that they inflicted on people. For the victims and for their families, it is never too late to have justice. It would also set a good example for other perpetrators of violence that they will be brought to justice, no matter how long it takes.

• No I do not think so.

It has been 38 years it seems like that is a long time to wait to turn around and decide to prosecute someone. It has already been done and said for the last 38 years. If you were not going to prosecute originally why should that suddenly change and become an issue?

• No they shouldn't.

It has been 38 years and there has to be some sort of statute of limitations. I don't believe what they did was right but I also don't believe they should be prosecuted after such a long time has passed. If they were going to be prosecuted they should have been prosecuted a long time ago.