Airport security profiling: Is broad screening (scanners and pat-downs) less effective?

• Airport security is awful

There are countless experts, independent agencies, and journalists who have show the futility of our current airport safety laws, so all of the extra security and procedure surrounding flying hasn't accomplished much over the past decade. The federal government needs to consider a comprehensive overhaul of its security measures in the near future.

• No, I do not believe that broad screening scanners and pat-downs are less effective.

I do not believe that broad screening, scanners, and pat-downs are less effective, because the system is working there hasn't been any major incident on a flight since 9/11. That assures me that what ever airports do in flight screenings work. If it works then that is what should be done.