• The alcohol-free bar is, from a business stance, a bad idea.

People go to bars in order to socialize with friends and have a good time while drunk, and they cannot do that without alcohol. In my opinion, there's little reason to go to an alcohol-free bar, you can get good-tasting drinks somewhere else. Society also glorifies alcohol, and people go to drink it to fit in and seem cool. People may view alcohol-free drinks as uncool.

• An alcohol free bar is laughable

The whole point of a bar is for people to be social, which includes alcohol to relax everyone. People are going to a bar to let their hair down and get to know others. It is a completely different ambience without good alcoholic spirits, so no wonder this bar closed in less than a week. I think the owners would agree that it was a pipe dream.

• Alcohol is what makes a Bar

Nearly everyone who frequents bars goes to them strictly for the alcohol. Alcohol has become a huge component of the average American lifestyle, and the only chance a bar has of succeeding without it is the use of a replacement, and even then it is not as likely to bring in as much money. For instance, a coffee bar is a great idea but people are not as likely to stay ordering repeated drinks the way they do with beer, for instance.

• Alcohol-free bars are a pipe dream

Who ever thought that an alcohol free bar was a good idea? I believe places without alcohol are called - home. I like how ventures like this are conceived, but far too many are ill thought out. The purpose of a bar is the alcohol. Anything else is just a social center.