Alzheimer's disease breakthrough as new drug clears toxic proteins from brains of patients. Will alzheimers ever be cured?

• Yes it will, but it will take some time

Yes, we will eventually find the way to cure Alzheimer's disease. But that won't be easy and it will take some time. The scientists may have made the breakthrough, but the ultimate goal is finding out what causes the protein buildup in the first place and preventing it from happening.

• Alzheimers will be cured at some point.

I do believe that alzheimers disease can be cured at some point in the future. Many years ago we wondered if it was possible to cure some cancers and we are already doing that. I am not sure how long it will take but great advancements have been made with alzheimers and if it continues I'm sure a cure will be found.

• Yes, someday it will.

It may take hundreds of years, but someday Alzheimers will be something that we no longer fear. There will be a cure, and it may not be very difficult. The new breakthrough is much closer to a cure than we ever thought possible before so the cure may come sooner than expected.

• Yes, I believe Alzheimer's will be cured someday.

Diseases and their root causes will continue to be eliminated as medical science progresses. Newer drugs and the ability to deliver them in more effect ways (e.g., nanotechnology) will pave the way. It may not be developed in the next few years or this decade, but with enough time a cure will be found and released.