Alzheimer's disease is considered by some scientists to be Type 3 diabetes: Will we ever find a cure for diabetes?

• The cure for diabetes is within sight

Alzheimer's is being reclassified as Type 3 diabetes because of its association with insulin resistance in the brain. I believe that this reclassification is an indication of scientific progress as we understand more about the disease. Because we are already learning more, a cure can only be right around the corner.

• We will find a cure for diabetes

While some scientists consider Alzheimer's disease to be a type of type III diabetes, at some point in the future medical advances Will finally find a cure for diabetes. It is just a matter of time. It takes a lot of work and research to crack evening the most menial of diseases or medical conditions. This is not easy, but it will happen.

• I believe we will find a cure.

I believe we will find a cure for all forms of diabetes in the distant future. We have a much better understanding of the human body than just a few years ago, and I believe we will use our knowledge to find a way to cure diabetes. This will all be in the very distant future, however.

• Curing Diabetes: Just Over the Horizon

With the advancement of technology that treats diabetes and with the increase of understanding on how diabetes occurs, needs to be treated and how it can be prevented will soon lead to a cure. Alzheimer's disease is often referred to as "the Type 3 Diabetes." With an increase in funding and awareness, doctors and researchers will be able to see if the two maladies have a direct correlation and if so, they will have the ability to develop and distribute a cure to prevent all types of diabetes.