An Anchorage School District hides video of a teacher sexually abusing a special needs student. Should the school district lose federal funding?

• Yes, I believe it should lose federal funding.

There has to be a consequence for teacher misconduct, and I think it would be unwise to continue funding a school district that would cover up sexual abuse with taxpayer money. At the very least, there should be disciplinary action taken against the individual school in question. All complicit persons/parties in this incident should face job termination as well.

• The school should absolutely lose federal funding for hiding a video of sexual abuse.

A public school should not hide video of a potential crime being committed. Any school that does that should lose federal funding and be closed as far as I'm concerned. The school should be helping the investigation into possible sexual abuse of students, not protecting the accused by hiding video.

• The school district needs to be punished.

For the district to hide such a video is terrible and the district needs to be punished in some way. By lowering funding they will all feel the consequences and in future senior staff may impress on others the absolute importance to do their jobs properly in the first place or risk being caught.

• Fire and arrest the SD people who did this, don't punish the children who NEED this funding.

Let me start off by saying my personal school district lost state funds this year and was unsuccessful in raising taxes .13 cents per $100. Now teachers will no longer get raises, classroom sizes will increase from 30 students per teacher to 35(per teacher) and if you want to be in a fine arts class then your family has to pay $300. I do not want this same crap happening to those children because their school system is screwed up. Instead let us fire those in the SD that hid this stuff, and place in MORE TRUSTABLE EMPLOYEES, instead of choosing the more instinctive and barbaric option.

• No, the school district should not lose federal funding but there should be a severe and swift punishment to every person who was involved in the cover-up

It is not fair to deny federal funding to the children of the school district or to the teachers who were doing their jobs and caring for students because this teacher and members of the administration covered up this abuse. Instead the administration should all be let go and the teacher should lose his or her teaching license as well as face many years in jail.