Anonymous launches citizen journalism website: Is this a good idea?

• Whether it is good or bad citizen journalism is the way of the future.

Citizen journalism is a good thing in that it shares information between people and removes the propaganda that can sometimes come with any government and news agency. I recently watched an interview of Amy Goodman, anchor or Democracy Now. Goodman said that when politicians are interviewed by journalists there is generally an agreed list of approved questions that the politician will answer. So right from the start the information is controlled by the politician and the people may not get the full story. Information is power, citizens should share what they know.

• For better or worse, the 1st Amendment should stand

There is no question that free speech is our right. So important that it is our 1st amendment. That being said, since we are human and will never agree 100% on the text and authorship of such, there are those that will want to limit the subjects, arenas and platforms for such speech. Journalism is journalism. If you don't like what is said come up with a rebuttal to the subject not the person.

• Yes, people should be able to express themselves.

This is a great opportunity for the citizens to come together and express their opinions on a website. The people need a place where they can share ideas and learn about the issues that are affecting the views of the world around them. The free flow of opinions is what makes society function.

• No, it isn't

Do we really need more of Anonymous? I don't even know what to write after that because if your answer isn't an emphatic "no" then I don't know what we have left to discuss. I won't act like they've never done anything beneficial but it pales in comparison to the number of real issues they've cheapened by sticking their noses into.