Anti-depressants: Do you support the use of anti-depressants?

• BUT not to the extent they are currently used

Antidepressants are overprescribed. These medications can sometimes have horrific side effects, even suicidal thoughts. Even if someone is depressed there are other alternatives that should be sought out before resorting to pills such as cognitive therapy. Studies show that cognitive therapy produces lasting neurochemical changes, and that after stopping therapy the changes last longer on average than when someone is on antidepressants and then stops the therapy.

Http://www.Nytimes.Com/2002/08/27/health/behavior-like-drugs-talk-therapy-can-change-brain-chemistry.Html

• I support them 100%.

People, like myself, take anti depressants to make themselves feel happier/more normal. It doesn't change you into a new person, but it's supposed to help you with whatever problems you are dealing with. If you are too depressed to even get out of bed, then I think that it would be best if you could prescribe a medication to at least boost your energy and help you with whatever is going on inside your head.

• I support the use of anti-depressants

Perhaps I am biased because I am on them, but anti-depressants can make the world of a difference in someone's life. I do believe that they need to be closely monitored and they are certainly not for everybody, but with the correct medication, dosage, and corresponding therapy sessions, anti-depressants can be very beneficial.

• They need their meds

Yes, I know for a fact that anti-depressants are needed, but like in any medication their are side effects, but the good out weighs the bad in anti-depressants, I have seen people lives change with the use of taking anti-depressants if they are taking them as prescribed and not abusing them , then yes I am for the drugs.

• Only somewhat support

First, this is a hard argument to write, since so many people are unaware to the Corruption demonstrated by the FDA and Big Pharma. Second. Im not a hater, please just stick around til the end so that you can realize tge importance of reading research on your own. Pharmaceutical companies make millions of dollars every year selling these these drugs. And i know antidepressants can make some ppl feel better....But antidepressants don't fix the cause, they only cover up the symptoms; therefore hiding the problem. I am a highschooler who was taken advantage of by the greed of pharmaceutical companies. Many studies suggest that increasing serotonin can limit of the 'symptoms' of depression. I use quotation marks because wouldn't it be great to actually get rid of depression not just the symptoms? 95% of serotonin receptors are in the gut 'intestines', while only five percent are located in the brain. Not publicised because too many people would figure out how to treat depression on their own. The food we eat, is broken down by microbes that in our intestinal system thatdigest them. This process works perfectly, unless...So many things can cause it to go wrong. When the gut is inflamed serotonin (in the gut) can not be readily absorbed and sent to the rest of the body leading to depression. Almost every major health concern is related to the digestive tract and the microbiome. You are what you eat. If you want to get rid of depressions realize you are smart, do some research, don't be too trusting of doctors + pharmacists, try your best to never take antibiotics, and find the best way to limit inflammation in the gut so that you fix the cause and fix your health.

Please don't be offended by anything I've said, I'm just tired of being lied to by Big Pharma, having my childhood being taken away by being too trusted, and seeing other people hurting. I wish you the best, and know that God loves you.