Should any citizen who does not have a criminal record be permitted to carry a concealed weapon?

• Yes, but with certain exceptions.

If someone who has went through the necessary training courses and screenings and passed everything the FIRST time, they should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. People have the right to protect themselves as well as their family so they should be allowed to carry a gun if they have passed the necessary screenings the first time.

• Fckn tiaeurhg;oiuaehnf;oisduhnfhliaoulrsn fiawskje,m nf;jwk,menbgfp8i;anm

Ghkjwrnfujnaeflijkan stluahwn kfuhajndjfh b iej enjf io hvh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h hh h h hh

• I think its perfect

The place where i live need this theres shootings everyday and its because of fights i think it should pass even tho im already carrying i think everybody as long as they can pass and hit dead center mass training like us marines the world would be perfect we need guns on the street but in a good way not bad we need at least 85% of the world that isnt criminal and mentally stupid strapped with firearms it tbh would be safe

• I think its perfect

• People use guns for protection as well as recreation and should be allowed to at their discretion.

Only people who truly desire to carry a concealed weapon will be willing to take the time to go through the proper training classes and earn their Concealed Pistol License. Therefore, any citizen who has gone through the appropriate amount of training should be permitted to carry a concealed weapon, yes.

• "Right to bear arms"

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns kill people that you're also saying that pencils misspell words. Also you can't have every policeman at every crime scene. Our founding Fathers kept in bear arms, shouldn't we? It's all in the 2nd amendment of the constitution. "The right to bear arms"

• It is the 2nd ammendmant

We have the right to protect ourselves. The government can not always come to oyr needs right away. States with open carry have less crime rates because the criminals will suffer the consequences. If we take the guns away from the citizens, the criminals will still have guns and they will be able to do more crime.

• If they have a CPL, go for it.

The CPL classes allow people to get a (Concealed Pistol Licence). It puts the people through proper training on how to shoot, how to conceal, and how to use it only when necessary. Not all people are psychopathic like most people think. Guns are tools for defense, but are misused for attack. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

• My point of view

According to the 2nd amendment, one statement refers to "a well regulated Militia" resulting from the state of Virginia in 1776 pronouncing that "a well regulated Militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free State." Militia refers to a trained military force in my definition. Any person who is without a criminal record AND can pass a background check AND pass training with a firearm as well as training on when and WHEN NOT TO USE that weapon should be allowed a permit to carry a weapon concealed or not as allowed by local, state and federal law. Police and Law Enforcement Agencies as well as Active Duty, Veterans and Retired Military all have extensive training on when to use firearms and when not to use them and WHEN NEEDED WHEN TO USE A firearm

• Just think about it

Think of firearms like nuclear weapons, just because every country has one doesn't mean that a war is going to happen. We have nuclear weapons so nobody will mess with us, and they have theirs for the same reason. If that analogy didn't help you then think of it like this, Just because I have a concealed weapon doesn't mean I am looking for trouble. Just like because you have a fire extinguisher doesn't mean you are looking for a fire. You are just trying to protect yourself. Although I do agree that people with a major criminal offense should not legally be able to carry a firearm.

• No, I only want people who are well-trained with guns carrying concealed weapons, not just any random citizen

I absolutely do not want to grant anybody without a criminal record a permit to carry a concealed weapon. If there is somebody around me who has a gun, I want to know about it. I also don't think that people should have guns unless they know how to clean them properly, how to use them properly, and unless they are psychologically fit to have a weapon. I don't want a really panicked person pulling out their concealed weapon and shooting up the place they're in. I do understand the need the police force has for concealed weapons, though, especially undercover cops.

• No, citizens should not be allowed to carry a concealed weapon.

The only people who should be allowed to carry a weapon, concealed or not, should be the police or detectives. Carrying a concealed weapon can cause too much trouble. For instance, you are in a shopping market and someone sees your gun when you open your purse. They freak and the police are called. Sure, you are permitted to carry it, but look at the trouble? Besides, no good can come from carrying a gun.

• Terrible idea !

Do you know giving such a permission to carry weapon what will lead to ....Imagine only what a catastrophic results we are going to face in our society :O what we are going to face in our schools especially between our teenagers imagine only and reject this idea completely .....

• If they are mentally ill but have no criminal record it could be just as dangerous

Someone who may not have a criminal record may have a severe mental illness that can be just as dangerous, or even more so.. Yes, they haven't been in legal trouble if they don't have a criminal record and they should have a right to open arms, but they should be required to take a mental health assessment as well as a criminal background check either way.
    That's the reason why police officers should be properly trained. They need to know when, how and why to protect their nation.
    Security should be tightened by increasing the number of police officers in town areas where there is a high crime rate, installing cameras across a country and investing more in the national security of any country.
    We should think of a better solution as a nation, and not as individuals; because that's the main problem in today's world...Each person tends to think what's the best for themsleves and not for others in the long term. Selfishness is pervasive nowadays.
    Government officials should invest in education as well: having well-educated citizens increases the chances of having a better nation...

Posted by: ivi
  • Just to be safe

No, I only want people who are well-trained with guns carrying concealed weapons, not just any random citizen

• It is DANGEROUS!

One reason why any citizen who does not have a criminal record should not be able to carry a concealed weapon is because it increases the chances of something minor turning lethal. For instance, if a man confronted another man at a bar about something minor, the confrontation could turn into a screaming match and the man with the concealed weapon could shoot the other man. These chances can increase also when the person with the concealed weapon is intoxicated, afraid, or angry.

• It is DANGEROUS!

• It is DANGEROUS!

• Reacting to quickly

When you maybe frightened you may react without thinking and shot someone merely for frightening you. One the other hand you may need it but if so you should go throw a test as you do now as well as just have one in your house and should only be used in protecting your belongings and family.

• People are crazy

I know a lot of people who are out of their mind and would do anything that they want and they do not have a criminal record. One day they can get a gun and go on a shooting spree. If no body had guns there would be no mass killings