Apple CEO "proud to be gay": Do you support the right to be hired without discrimination based on sexual identity?

• Yes, basic human rights should never be compromised by sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation is an inborn trait, as is gender and skin color. All humans deserve equal treatment, and that should certainly never be changed based on these fundamental traits that the individual can not change. Hiring should be determined only by skills, certifications, or other such factors that are pertinent to the job in question. It is now illegal to discriminate based on gender or skin color. It should also be illegal to discriminate based on any form of legal sexuality.

• Yes, I support the right to be hired without discrimination based on sexual identity.

Of course I support the right to be hired without discrimination based on sexual identity. I believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to be hired without being judged on anything less than their qualifications. A person's sexuality isn't hurting me any. They have the freedom and right to live how they want, and it would be terrible of anyone to discriminate based on sexual identity.

• Yes, a persons identity shouldn't affect their oppertunity.

Ideally, everyone should be given an opportunity to work and support themselves regardless of their identity. Job positioning should be based on the skills required for the job and basic morals, not on the persons personal preferences, beliefs, ideas, or attributes which don't affect the performance of the job. It would be unfair to reject someone simply for their sexual identity.

• Yes sexual identity souldn't be a factor in hiring workforce

It's one of our basic human rights, to be whatever we want to be and to be with whoever we want to be. In my opinion hiring workforce should be along the lines of past experiences, qualifications, ability to work on required tasks, ability to work as a part of a team...and so on. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with work. At all.