Archbishop Desmond Tutu says he "would not worship a God who is homophobic" and that he would rather go to hell. Do you agree?

Asked by: chrumbelievable
  • I agree with Tutu.

The God that many Christians worship is not homophobic at all. Jesus came down and loved everybody, regardless of their gender, race, background, or beliefs. I personally do not worship a God that is homophobic because I believe that the one I worship is not, because he created everyone, especially the gay people, in His own image.

• Good Point, If Extreme

God is not homophobic--otherwise, gays would not exist in the first place. Tutu's statement is a bit extreme about going to hell rather than worship a homophobic God. However, his point is valid. God loves everyone no matter what, including homosexuals. Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself, regardless. It was humans later on who said homosexuality is a sin.