Are advancements in technology good (yes) or bad (no)?

Asked by: nathanbw
  • Technology is important

Why are you even here if you say technology is bad for you you are on the computer and reading this why not you read a book instead of being on the computer and you say it is bad if you want it to be bad and argue the good the throw away or sell your phone,TV,oven,any electrical stuff and live in that.You will regret what you have said.

• Hi there peepe

D d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d dd d d d d d d d d dd d dd d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d

• Improves daily life

Without tech people would be considered endangered. That's because medicine, food, and other things that are necessary wouldn't be right where we need it when we need it without technology. So when you think technology is bad, look around and pretend how your home would look like with out technology. The answer would be that it's not there, because even homes were built using technology and math, and math is easier with technology and even technology was made by other ideas and inventions.

• Social networking and technology

Texting,calling and emailing has complete changed and advanced technology for the better.Allowing us to express our selves by raising awareness for current problems and much more!Don't you won't technology to get better and easier for all of us?I certainly do so please consider the benefits of progressing technology as it is very helpful.

• Guess what you are using technology to argue this and say no so technology is helping you right now.

As I was saying you use a computer a TV and items like toasters, ovens, blankets beds and clothes you need clothes to keep yourself warm and a bed to sleep so I think that we do need technology for instance If you need a wheelchair and you are writing saying no to technology take a hike wheelchairs are TECHNOLOGY!!! By the way this is a 11 year old opinion

• Yes it is

With advancement in the technology, numerable gadgets have been invented which have made our lives much easier. These gadgets help man in reducing the effort needed to do some monotonous tasks. Also with gadgets like TV, mobile, man is able to gather information, communicate just by sitting in one place

• We Become Lazier

I find that as technology becomes more advanced we humans are getting lazier and lazier! When they make a piece of technology easier, it may benefit us if we are short on time, but it does not teach or help us in the other ways!! So that's what I think!!!

• NO think hard and you will see it's bad for ya

Let nature have its course. For all the good technology does, there is an equal or worse negative effect that arises from its complications. Our lives are hardly "made easier" by technology- my life is nothing but more complex and fast paced because of it. For each medical technology, there is also a war technology and government oppression/spying technology.

• Yes it is bad

Good Example is Walle. Eventuality that will happen to society, our ancestors will end up weaker and our immune systems more and more lazy. We need to stop technology to the point we still progress enough that nature selects the fittest and kills the weakest. In the end it should be "The Strongest survive, the Smartest survive, the most adaptable to change survive". Its a cruel ultimatum however in the end what is the price that our ancestors pay?

• I think technology is bad for teenager

Technology is bad because it separates a person from reality.For example your mom brought u an ipad for your birthday birthday u go through and conflict to go their. U do what need to go but no one their to see but have a try all thing gonna be cool

• Sadly i have to go with no

Technology is very good but we are getting lazier. I have actually wrote a whole essay on why it would be a no but I'm too lazy to re type it or get my other computer thanks to technology. I barely remember any of my friends phone numbers thanks to my smart phone. It seems like our phones are smarter than us. That's all I have to say for that.

• A sad fact!

I don't deny that technology makes our lives much easier in many ways, BUT.. Look around you, everyone is paying more attention and pretty much occupied with their gadgets, rather than paying more attention to the surroundings, to the actual people, to their families and friends. I miss getting an actual birthday cards, where you need to put a real effort rather than just a plain cold short message people send from their smart phones. Children spend more times on the games or internet rather than playing and hanging around with their families and friends. Then, life becomes less meaningful..You no longer embrace life and people as you should..And that's a sad fact.

• No privacy and it's BAD

Nowadays, with the advancement in the communication technology, we can be easily be bugged!! No privacy to ourselves anymore...What a life we have if we are being spied on our daily life...Technology was created to improve our lives not to intrude our privacy, so I still believe that the advancement in technology is BAD!!!!

• We need technology but......

We need technology but we don't give more importance's to our family and friends we are spending more time in technology.
    We need technology but we need to use it fairly.
    So use technology fairly and wisely donot spend more time in technology. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• No because it can cause evil which is against God's nature

1. Isolation
    Social isolation is characterized by a lack of contact with other people in normal daily living, such as, the workplace, with friends and in social activities. We isolate ourselves by walking around in our own little world, listening to our iPods or staring at the screen of the latest mobile device even when we are around other people. Studies have shown that people who are socially isolated will live shorter lives.
    2. Lack of Social Skills
    The use of online social media outlets causes us to meet face-to-face with much less frequency resulting in a lack of much needed social skills. We lose the ability to read body language and social cues in other people.
    3. Obesity
    The more time people are spending engrossed in video games, talking to friends online and watching funny cat videos on YouTube, they are spending less time being active or exercising. Also the likelihood of mindlessly eating unhealthy food increases as people are hypnotized by the latest episode of Honey Boo Boo.
    4. Depression
    Technology creates the perfect recipe for depression with the lack of human contact, overeating and lack of exercise. There is a reason the use of antidepressants are on the rise and the blame can’t be completely dumped on the pharmaceutical companies. They aren’t carting people into the doctor’s office and force feeding them the pills. This isn’t to say that depression isn’t a real problem, but some people could cure their depression by living a healthier lifestyle.
    5. Poor Sleep Habits
    Some of the negative effects of technology can be linked to the effect it has on sleep habits. We get sucked into online activities that keep us up too late and the constant stream of information can

Posted by: boba
  • Are advancements in technology bad

Social media is a BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it has its benefits, medically, economically etc. but as far as human moral and interaction goes, we've lost touch greatly and will continue to do so as technology advances more.
    Kids are getting dumber and more over weight. 1 fifth of people who attend university drop out before completion.
    Obviously technology it's not the blame for all of this, but when us "general civilians" don't have to use our brains and bodies to acheive things (because technological devices, websites, machines etc. do the majority of it for us) - one asks oneself why no one can see that enough should be enough.
    Soon enough our kids, grandkids, will be fixing the robots we've created to do the jobs humans are no longer employed to do. Because let's face it, we're only human and we make errors - machines do not.

nathanbw says2013-11-07T08:49:38.147
I think they are good.
With technology advancements, our lives have become much easier. The most obvious one is the internet. Although there are many arguments regarding its good and bad sides, I think it has more of the good sides than the bad ones. Internet has changed the way businesses and communication are done.
juju7 says2014-09-07T02:49:29.303
Great topic...