Are advancements in technology good (yes) or bad (no)?

Asked by: nathanbw
  • Technology is important

Why are you even here if you say technology is bad for you you are on the computer and reading this why not you read a book instead of being on the computer and you say it is bad if you want it to be bad and argue the good the throw away or sell your phone,TV,oven,any electrical stuff and live in that.You will regret what you have said.

• Hi there peepe

D d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d dd d d d d d d d d dd d dd d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d

• Improves daily life

Without tech people would be considered endangered. That's because medicine, food, and other things that are necessary wouldn't be right where we need it when we need it without technology. So when you think technology is bad, look around and pretend how your home would look like with out technology. The answer would be that it's not there, because even homes were built using technology and math, and math is easier with technology and even technology was made by other ideas and inventions.

• Social networking and technology

Texting,calling and emailing has complete changed and advanced technology for the better.Allowing us to express our selves by raising awareness for current problems and much more!Don't you won't technology to get better and easier for all of us?I certainly do so please consider the benefits of progressing technology as it is very helpful.

• Guess what you are using technology to argue this and say no so technology is helping you right now.

As I was saying you use a computer a TV and items like toasters, ovens, blankets beds and clothes you need clothes to keep yourself warm and a bed to sleep so I think that we do need technology for instance If you need a wheelchair and you are writing saying no to technology take a hike wheelchairs are TECHNOLOGY!!! By the way this is a 11 year old opinion

• Yes it is

With advancement in the technology, numerable gadgets have been invented which have made our lives much easier. These gadgets help man in reducing the effort needed to do some monotonous tasks. Also with gadgets like TV, mobile, man is able to gather information, communicate just by sitting in one place

• We Become Lazier

I find that as technology becomes more advanced we humans are getting lazier and lazier! When they make a piece of technology easier, it may benefit us if we are short on time, but it does not teach or help us in the other ways!! So that's what I think!!!

• NO think hard and you will see it's bad for ya

Let nature have its course. For all the good technology does, there is an equal or worse negative effect that arises from its complications. Our lives are hardly "made easier" by technology- my life is nothing but more complex and fast paced because of it. For each medical technology, there is also a war technology and government oppression/spying technology.

• Yes it is bad

Good Example is Walle. Eventuality that will happen to society, our ancestors will end up weaker and our immune systems more and more lazy. We need to stop technology to the point we still progress enough that nature selects the fittest and kills the weakest. In the end it should be "The Strongest survive, the Smartest survive, the most adaptable to change survive". Its a cruel ultimatum however in the end what is the price that our ancestors pay?

• I think technology is bad for teenager

Technology is bad because it separates a person from reality.For example your mom brought u an ipad for your birthday birthday u go through and conflict to go their. U do what need to go but no one their to see but have a try all thing gonna be cool

• Sadly i have to go with no

Technology is very good but we are getting lazier. I have actually wrote a whole essay on why it would be a no but I'm too lazy to re type it or get my other computer thanks to technology. I barely remember any of my friends phone numbers thanks to my smart phone. It seems like our phones are smarter than us. That's all I have to say for that.

• A sad fact!

I don't deny that technology makes our lives much easier in many ways, BUT.. Look around you, everyone is paying more attention and pretty much occupied with their gadgets, rather than paying more attention to the surroundings, to the actual people, to their families and friends. I miss getting an actual birthday cards, where you need to put a real effort rather than just a plain cold short message people send from their smart phones. Children spend more times on the games or internet rather than playing and hanging around with their families and friends. Then, life becomes less meaningful..You no longer embrace life and people as you should..And that's a sad fact.

• No privacy and it's BAD

Nowadays, with the advancement in the communication technology, we can be easily be bugged!! No privacy to ourselves anymore...What a life we have if we are being spied on our daily life...Technology was created to improve our lives not to intrude our privacy, so I still believe that the advancement in technology is BAD!!!!

• Not Always good

Although it may have resulted in numerous gadgets that make our lives easier, technological advancement is making us lazier, it promotes companies to compete and destroy each other's lives, it makes people worship material things, become greedy, become disconnected from their feelings and the world around them, and doesn't give people a chance to be thankful for the things they already have in life. If technology is supposed to make our lives easier, then when will we ever learn to experience life with all the difficult situations that make us better as a person and as a whole?

• Tech is bad for us

Says that children are having a big endanger effect from technology with all the gross and bad images and games they play i mean i am one but the fake real life that they tried to make kills you inside of the outside world will your inside. About 1.2 billion people of our population is inside playing games.

• Its bad for real

When I was on spring vacation I stayed inside watching to for a whole month when went outside my eyes started to hurt alt and became more lady had to wear sun glasses for two weeks before my eyes could a just to the light again with was painful the end

nathanbw says2013-11-07T08:49:38.147
I think they are good.
With technology advancements, our lives have become much easier. The most obvious one is the internet. Although there are many arguments regarding its good and bad sides, I think it has more of the good sides than the bad ones. Internet has changed the way businesses and communication are done.
juju7 says2014-09-07T02:49:29.303
Great topic...