Are American eating habits making healthcare unaffordable?

• I don't not believe that American eating habits are making health care unaffordable.

I do not believe that American eating habits are making health care unaffordable, because the American life expectancy is so high, and there are much more pressing matters. Such as Cancer, Sexual transmitted diseases, and substance dependency. I think it is ridiculous to say that American eating habits are making health care unaffordable. There are to many factors to single out one element as the cause.

• No, Wasted Care Raises Costs

American eating habits are terrible, but they are not what makes healthcare unaffordable. Profits add to the cost of everything, including healthcare, so they are one factor. The major factor, however, is inappropriate end of life care. The current system prolongs life when there is no hope of survival, and often when there is great pain. Costly machines breathe for patients. They are often fed by tube, in a process that is painful to watch. Frequently they lose their minds in the ICU, and cannot die in peace. Simply reducing care would lower costs, and let patients die with dignity.