Are American Muslims at risk of being discriminated because of Islamic terrorist organizations?

• Not all Muslins are terriorists

American Muslims, and Muslims in general, are given a bad rap because of Islamic extremeists. Muslims are not all out to threaten and are not terrorists. As a Christian I would not want to be stereotyped with extremely conservative Christians or grouped into a specific category for my religious believes. I know that people are afraid of terrorism, but just because someone is Muslim does not make them a terrorist.

• Yes, American Muslims are at risk of being discriminated because of Islamic terrorist organizations.

Yes, American Muslims are at risk of being discriminated because of Islamic terrorist organizations because America is a predominantly Christian nation and tensions between Muslims are very high because of the Paris attacks and the San Bernardino shooters. Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has also publicly stated that American Muslims should be watched and contained.

• Islamophobia hurts people.

I do think fundamentalism in religion can hurt an entire religion. It even hurts Christianity. The good news for Christians is that there aren't a lot of terrorists in their midst. But the narrow minded seem to always be the loudest, so that's what others hear. And it does hurt the cause of the greater religion. This makes people sadly judge peacekeeping American Muslims unfairly based on the actions of a few.

• We're bending over backwards

No, American Muslims are not at risk of discrimination because of Islamic terrorist organizations, because most people in the United States bend over backwards to make sure that Muslims feel welcome in America. Americans know that the vast majority of American Muslims love America just as much as any other group of Americans. Most Americans treat people fairly.