• I am a Brazilian (poor country) exchange student

I come from Brazil and now I'm studying in San Francisco, California. I realized how easy American high school subjects are. I also think American students don't respect teachers and there is no punishment no matter what a student does! Also in Brazil we have two tests a week, and in America tests are really easy.

• School is too easy

I think so, because I do extra homework (which by the way is also very easy) so I don't have to spend 5 weeks on something I perfectly understand but my teacher doesn't let me do harder stuff, she makes me play a equally easy math game, we need harder schools that you don't need to pay for

• Pussyfication of our youth

American teenagers have been pussyfied for too long. They are ill prepared for the future. No wonder our country is going downhill. Children need to learn DISCIPLINE. Until that happens our countrys future will remain in jeopardy. Please start providing discipline at home and in schools now. It will only help

• Students get away with everything, no punishments

Students can talk back to the teachers, and the principles let them off easy because they're afraid of the parents and that a punishment might just make a student fail, because suspension means no homework and missing school. Teachers have no rights either, how can we expect to have teachers be the boss if they have no correct way to go about holding their authority?

• I Blame Slavery

Due to exponential growth of guilt about the slave trade, its harder for the citizens to focus on pending issues.

Such a theory has been proven by educational constituents, yet continually ignored despite it being a leglislation that will in fact uphold the common good.

We are indeed inside the circumference of educational tyranny that has been perpetuated by the lamens term machine. My fear is that our future generations will not boom as many babies because of their inability to grasp much more complicated concepts that have been distilled by this global economy.

As society progresses, we as the inhabitants of the americas must brace ourselfs for a change that could prove fatal to our frontal lobes if those lobes are not securely fastened!

• School's way too easy!

They teach silly anecdotes which they call math and science. Math and science are being taught so badly nowadays. It's a joke, school that is. Calculus should be done by 10th or latest 11th grade, and they barely touch it's surface in the 12th. They teach formulas like mean value theorem, without deriving or proving it. Students plug numbers in and get an A. Is the the education system?

• Yes and no.

We have created a problem in this country, namely the program of "no child left behind." This was a horrible disaster of a program that is weakening our system. The teachers are not the problem though. They work long hours, are getting everything slashed from them and are being expected to do more. This is causing them to lower standards just to keep up with what is expected of them.

• America's falling behind in education.

America is starting to fall behind in education. I feel this is because schools enforce positive attitudes no matter what. There is no punishment, it seems, for bad grades and poor behavior. Parents should go back to the good old days when spanking wasn't a crime and schools were allowed to show a kid who's boss when they had to.

• Yes, unfortunately yes.

Too many people have a reading level much lower than it should be. Instead of raising the bar and challenging students to be better or improving their understanding of history and science, teachers merely push them to pass a small test, molly coddling the low bar set. The only time students are pushed to succeed at a test is when the test is designed to measure the school system.

• No, American schools are not too easy on their students.

American schools are not too easy on their students because we see some very intelligent people in our country. Many other countries are even easier on their students then we are in American schools. This is why I think that American schools are not too easy on their students at all.

• That's not the problem

American schools aren't easy on students. There are students committing suicide and getting depressed from how much work they are getting. The problem is the WAY we are learning. We don't get the chance to express ourselves creatively, and all we do are tests, which just put us as some number. If you look at other countries who are excelling in the education of their children, you will see they take less tests and do other things that America doesn't. We could learn from them. I'm in seventh grade and I'm already feeling stressed about college.

• Americans aren't stupid

Some classes are easier than others based on how the teacher teaches the class. Some schools are really hard, and others are easier. It's okay for a kid to not do very well in a class and do better in a different class. Sometimes the kid honestly can't get it as easily as others, or the teacher isn't very good at explaining the lesson. It's all based on the teacher.

• False Appearance Americans

Going trough a rigorous education system in America, I do not think it is at all easy. Some classes are deemed easy and are there for those who truly need it, but there are harder classes out there. I have taken many Honors and AP classes, which are college level as a high school student and can count for college credit. The harder classes are offered for those up to the challenge.
    Students are faced with tons of stress for their adulthood. Students must be involved with extracurriculars as it looks for colleges and sports too. Many people do not choose hard classes as they are so spread-out to look well-rounded for colleges.
    Also,students go through tons of standardized tests which is never easy. There are the state mandated tests, regular tests in courses, SAT, ACT, midterms, finals, EOC, and whatever tests they throw in as an extra. With all these tests with different formats and subjects, how can American schools be considered easy