• We don't know basic history about the Nazis

I swear we've got the Klan and the Nazis so mixed up that it's actually starting to become hilarious. It shows how dumb we are as a country. For instance, it's like both the KKK and Nazis believed in Germanic ideals, according to some stupid Americans. No, only the KKK did. Germans did not believe them. Germany is not a Nordic country at all. Plus the Nazis were Roman Catholics (second biggest supporters of the Nazis were Anglicans). If you were a Lutheran Germanic who sided with the Nazis, you could consider yourselves stupid. Go ask any German, they'll tell you that they don't like Nordics especially Danes for the Schwelig War. They also don't like Lowland Scots. I think this country is the dumbest when it comes to basic education.

• Not everyone is dumb.

I don't believe that Americans are dumb. Most are ignorant and tend to live in their own little bubble without knowing what is going on outside the U.S. This is not the case in my school, though. Most of the people I know, who were born in the U.S., know more about conflicts outside the U.S. than the people who aren't from the U.S. Saying that all Americans are dumb is like saying that every football player is dumb. In reality, football players have to maintain a pretty high GPA (3.7 in my school) in order to play. Judging a whole country is very unfair.

• Yes, but not the whole of America.

Before I give my argument, I would like to stress that even though I clicked 'yes' to this I acknowledge that not the whole of America is dumb. From my somewhat limited experience with America, I've never been there but have had several conversations with Americans, my opinion is that they are both arrogant and ignorant. They live mostly within their own world and any information they have on the rest of the globe is usually heavily twisted out of proportion of very misinterpreted. A significant amount of them glorify their nation as being the greatest in the world, when they usually rank in the 20's for education and health. Also, a lot of them will always believe what their media tells them and don't really care what is happening outside America as it doesn't affect them. Worst of all, their leaders have been interfering needlessly in other countries' business for the past 50 years and have done more harm than good, initially it was to stop Communism from spreading and now it's to stop the threat of Terrorism; and to the Americans a potential terrorist is a terrorist. Obama has been using drones to combat Terrorism and, recently, 40 people were killed in Yemen on 'suspicion' of being terrorists and the people fully believe what they hear in the media. So, while it's not the entirety of America that is dumb (for lack of a better word) I believe a lot of them are.

• There is a good reason for a republic

People's opinion changes over night when it comes to politics. Their philosophy skills / knowledge of logical fallacies are sparse. They tend to not put themselves in other people's shoes and make decisions base on what they think and not what is proven fact in an abundant of instances. Though all these things happen to all of us, im going to join the Americans are dumb band wagon for the lulz.

• Are Americans dumb?

Pffft… That is a ridiculously easy question to answer… Heck yeah! Of course Americans are dumb. The general American population is just as dumb as all the other people that are around the world. So let us all celebrate being idiots together! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

• Average Americans are clueless when it comes to facts and history.

American public education ranks at the bottom of the scale among industrialized nations... Most people learn their history through fictional movies and heresay. Also media and news sources pander to short attention spans- quick fixes, and mostly focus on conflict and getting ratings. So it's a formula for a very uneducated public.

• To generalize an entire country is dumb

This question is kind of moronic. I seriously do not understand what Adam2 is complaining about. What you stated, Adam2, is not "basic education" thats rather in depth history about a Nazism & KKK. I'm pretty sure America is not the dumbest country in basic education or education in general. You're seriously just ranting about useless bullcrap that literally nobody cares about.Lol

• What to heck

That opinion there may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever head in my entire life. We are not ALL dumb. Some of us do know basic information and history and common sense, so why do people only view the portion of Americans who do not know basic things like that to judge our country?

• The people stereotyping a whole country are "dumb"

Please, while I will admit that there are flaws in our education system and media you cannot make this blanket statement that "America" is less intelligent than the rest of the world. I am American, I would put mine, my best friend's or my fathers IQ up to yours any day. Many inventions and innovations come from this country, some of the brightest minds in the world are born or taught here. Some of the most prestigious universities and institutions are here. Yes, we have an unitelligent and lazy portion of our country. So does every other one. This is a silly argument to make.

• Americans aren't Stupid

I honestly don't know why anyone would generalize an entire nation of people. Some people are not the brightest, however that does not mean every single person is unintelligent. There are unintelligent people all over the world, not just the US, so it's nothing more than the general stereotype that Americans are all lazy and stupid, when that is not the case at all.

• Not everyone is dumb.

• America is awesome

AMERICA IS GOOD I repeat AMERICA IS GOOD. IT'S GOOD AND COOL AND IT'S GOT ALL TYPES OF PLACES ISLAND BEACHS, FORESTS, MOUNTAINS, DESERTS, COLD PLACES, HOT PLACES, CITIES AND SUBRUBS. YOU NAME IT WE HAVE IT. YOU KNOW THE SITE YOU'VE PROBLABLY BEEN ON FIFTY TIMES YOU TUBE AMERICAN WEBSITE COWBOYS AMERICAN BATMAN SPIDERMAN THE WALKING DEAD ALL AMERICAN!!! OH YEAH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Generalizing an entire country is pure ignorance.

The United States has a bed reputation for being a country that is apparently filled to the brim with "idiots" but a reputation does not always prove true. To judge everyone in America based on a few is unfair and downright insulting to those who take studies seriously and devote time so that they may better themselves through education and hard work.

The only real faces of America that other countries see are our celebrities and presidents. No one from the above groups represent America in it's true light. To think otherwise is ignorance in it's purest form.

Adam2 says2014-04-17T19:08:05.410
The evil British and Danish bastards who slander the Germans are smarter than some of these Americans with their lack of knowledge
Mike01506 says2014-04-20T14:15:41.283
According to the stereotype, yes they are.
And at the end of the day, stereotypes originate from some sort of fact, so who knows.