• Just read these comments

The people making the case that Americans are idiots, actually have an argument and points to back that argument up. Those insisting that we’re not too willfully ignorant for democracy can only offer a slightly well dressed, if not feeble, “nuh-uh.” Matt Bevin, the Governor of Kentucky, said that the reason mass shootings happen is because we took the Bible out of public schools. (The Bible has never had a place in the public school classroom.) This isn’t the opinion of a crack-pot on the street, it’s the opinion of the chief executive of an entire state.

• Without a doubt Americans are far too stupid for democracy.

Americans are superstitious. If the US was an island nation they would be throwing virgins into the volcano to appease the coconut god. They use religion as an excuse to place their responsibilities on something else. If it works out it’s God and if it fails it’s the devil. They force their ignorance on others and the ignorance spreads like the cheese from their aerosol cans. They fear anything they can’t be smothered in ranch dressing and their lives are dictated by fear. Americans are far too stupid and drink too much of the Brawndo (kool-aid)to ever change.

• Yes, too stupid

We think we have one, we keep voting Democrat or Republican , we allow a private banking system to control the money, the people allow trillions of dollars to just disappear without hunting the heads of those who rob us, the people allow the largest corporations to get away with just about anything, and they are so stupid they can not even remember the last lie Trump, or Clinton or Bush or....Whoever said , to know he or she is just lying again.

• Yes, too stupid

• Far too stupid

My friend in uk just voted to leave eu while looking for a second home in bulgaria! There needs to be qualification to vote, a short test on national politics, math, geography, economics. Easy with computer voting, you only get to vote after playing a game. Or just put scientists in control.

• I am surrounded by them

I have known nothing but superstitious, panicky, ignorant little monkeys throughout my life in the U.S.. Intelligence is ridiculed, stupidity is glorified, mediocrity is the highest standard people aspire to reach. A standard that is descending to a frighteningly low level; just look at the "best" people that are running for election to the highest office of the land. Oh, and something like 68% of the population describes itself as devoutly religious. I rest my case.

• Americans are voting for Donald Trump

AMERICANS ARE VOTING FOR DONALD FUCKING TRUMP
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need
    thats the only argument i need

• Yes Stupid American Voters Have Ruined This Country

As our third world cities like Detroit, Newark, Trenton, Compton etc etc are sprawling, it won't be long that America will become another country where lawlessness and violence rule, all because stupid Americans voted for stupid and corrupted politicians to destroy this country. Our broken roads, heavy national debt, lousy public schools, dated airports etc etc are proof of our stupidity. Meanwhile, millions of extremists will enter America posing as migrant or refugees.... Who will overrun this country with the same violence we see in Syria, Iraq, & Libya today... The prognosis is not good for America, based on the demographic trends, and the stupid students that our failing public schools are generating....Yes, majority of us are too stupid for democracy. Yet, stupid people and smart people are granted equally 1 vote, which is why America is doomed.

• Start up problems that stupid people would get mad about.

Then set them up for elimination through controlled riots, and militarized police taking over with martial law. When this is completed they can then easily selective choose the undesirable "dumb people" and keep the "smart people" and the ones that can be "re-educated" can go to FEMA camps until they are "smart" enough to re-enter population.

• I'm surrounded by idiots.

I go to high-school in small town Iowa, and I hear about is that the government is stupid and we should impeach Obama. Most of these kids voted for him in our high-school poll back in 2008. There about three or four in my graduating class that are at least somewhat intellectual and have political opinions not based on race hate. Here they are all white farmer kids that are content, nay, proud of their ignorance.

• No Americans are not too stupid for democracy

No, I do not think that Americans are too stupid for democracy and instead are wanting to take a more active role in the election of elected officials. I think that with the increase in Americans voting in elections like the Presidential election prove that Americans know what democracy is all about.

• Americans are not too stupid for democracy.

Americans are definitely not stupid people at all. Actually I believe we as a country are intelligent and level headed. Everyone should be able to stay on top of current situations and vote in the elections. We as Americans should have a say in all things that happen here. We elect officials to speak for us, and have to trust that we make the right decision in electing those officials. Americans are anything but stupid.