• Of course they are!🐶

Animals are living creatures too. Why Humans feel they are Better is beyond me. Man kind would be nowhere if other
    types of animals did not exis. It is just as bad killing an animal than it is to kill human, it is simply murder. Kill one ant by accident is ok, but a whole flock of chicken, it's not right. I believe humans are equal, if not lower, than other animals.

• Yes we are

Perhaps were worse animals would only kill for the sake of their lives or their young we kill each over for pieces of paper. We are destroying the world animals stay in line with nature. All we can do is try and make the change in ourselves maybe then the world can change too.

• Yes, though they are not treated like equals.

Ah, the world would be so much better off without us humans and our silly ways of thinking we are the best species on the planet cause that is just not how it is! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/humans-are-not-smarter-than-animals--we-just-dont-understand-them-9003196.html

Bam! We are not smarter! So PLEASE stop saying that oh my god

oh but yeah I'm not one of those crazy animal rights activists who believe we shouldn't eat them at all or anything so don't take what I say in that way hah..

"The broccoli! My favorite veggie. Broccoli has 11.1 grams of protein per 100 calories while the steak has 6.4 grams of protein per 100 calories. That's almost twice the amount of protein." - google

Veggies have more protein! BAM! STOP SAYING WE NEED MEAT FOR PROTEIN PLEEEEASE oh my god hah.

BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS- there are a few vitamins found in animals products that cannot be gained anywhere else. At least they aren't necessary!

Another thing- shouldn't people who want to eat meat just hunt the animals themselves so they can feel what it's like to take a life instead of having it all done behind the scenes :) and if you live in the city- too bad, MOVE. You aren't the only ones that matter!

I just think animals deserve a CHANCE to LIVE as HEALTHY and HAPPY individuals.

• Aren't we animals as well?

HUMANS ARE ANIMALS. Food- We should not get our meat chopped up behind the scenes and served on a silver platter- no! I think that if you want to eat meat, hunt it yourself so you can see what it's like to take a life WITHOUT the life-long suffering for the animal. WAY too many animals are slaughtered brutally each second, and we should give a crap about that! And also, there's more protein in broccoli than beef brotha!

Science- I don't know why people still even do this it is literally in my top ten dictionary of stupid and pointless things. Animal testing is a VERY inaccurate way to get results for yar little tests, scientists. They suffer and die for YOUR experiments and it's all for ONE TINY RESULT that could have been gained MUCH FASTER with freakin TECHNOLOGY. YEAH.

Entertainment- Bud, I don't wanna type anymore so just imagine being stuck in a cage and forced to dance in front of people, kay? Oh yeah your ENTIRE life kay? <3

fur and etc- dont even. Just. Imagine fur being ripped off a bunny ((no painkillers, no careful procedures, jack.)) imagine that bunny SCREEAAMIN. If they really had to they could just shave em like why people WHYYYY

excuse me for not being serious about a really serious topic.

The answer to the question is actually NO. ANIMALS ARE NOT EQUALS IN THIS WORLD. THEY ARE TREATED LIKE CRAP BY US AND CANT DO SOMETHING ABOUT CAUSE WEVE PUT THEM IN SUCH IMPOSSIBLE SITUATIONS.

BUT, they are SMART, they can FEEL, they can LOVE, ALL ANIMALS DESERVED TO BE CARED ABOUT.

When a human dies, people FLIP. When an animal of a different species dies, we just eat it pretty much ((unless they are sort of lucky and have been a pet so they get respect))

Animals deserve to be treated as more than property and so that's why I clicked yes. Because the answer should be YES.

• Animals are sentient beings

It is all too easy to think of ourselves as superior to other animals on this planet. Scientifically animals have been shown to experience pain and suffering and many exhibit intelligent behaviour. It is an outdated meme to think of ourselves as being special relative to the rest of the animals, just the same as it is unacceptable to think of another human as being less than just because of the colour of their skin or gender. We as the dominant species on this planet have a moral responsibility to protect the interests of all other life on this planet and this begins with accepting them as equals.

• I like tutles

It is obvious because we have evolved from animals. A famous person once said you can take the man out of the hood, but you cant take the hood out of the man. No matter how we evolve we will always be an animal on the inside, we hunt, we fight, we multiply, we group, we live, just like any other animal.

• Men are animals

Animals are equal to humans. Man is an animal like no other! We live in community, we hunt for food and the fittest dominates our societies. So where is the difference with other animals?
    Of course man has evolved a lot since its inception but he was an animal and nits ature remains a animal.
    Let look at those quotes on men and animals:
    http://evene.Lefigaro.Fr/citations/theme/animaux-animal.Php

• Animals are Equal

They are sentient beings and we should protect them the same as we protect a special or disabled child. They both don't have the same conscious ethics that we do but they still need to be protected. Just because the animals cannot tell us how they feel, they don't need to not have rights.

• Animals are Equal to Humans

Animals are equal to humans because they have feelings like humans do and just because they are not intelligent dosen't mean they should be placed on a lower rank in society and animals are just like us. Basically us humans are animals! We reproduce, eat, sleep, etc. Plants and insects I think aren't neccesarily equal because they do not have feelings and emotions like animals do.

• We should respect nature

In my opinion, we are animals, too. Just because we use tools and are smart, we think, that we are better and use animals for our own needs. (sometimes in very cruel ways) That's just intolerable.
    Because of that, I am for equality for humans and animals.
    Also animals can feel and think just like us.
    We should respect them. Let's start!

• We're not equal.

Even if you believe that animals have the same worth as humans, you can't possibly believe that they're equal. The ability of a human to breathe underwater is not equal to that of a fish. A cat's ability to dive a car is not equal to that of human. You could make an almost unending list of the ways in which humans and animals are unequal.

• Hardly thats ridiculous.

Animals are there to help society and bring joy to people. Thats it. I think anything we view as something we can catch kill and eat to the extent that we do with say cows proves they are inferior. Its idiotic to think otherwise. If we were to disappear society would never grow.

• Evolution is a lie

While many scientists argue that we have evolved from the primates, there is one piece of knowledge that can defend against this. We may look like monkeys, gorillas, orangutans, etc. but if you examine the insides of them, you would be able to notice that their internal organs are misplaced if you believe that we have evolved from them. In fact, humans have a closer relationship with the swine if you inspect carefully. That's why scientists use pigs to test medicines if you haven't already known that. And therefore, obviously, we couldn't have evolved from primates much less be an equivalent to them.

• Are you an animal?

We can sit here all day and argue all humans are animals blah blah blah. But we are the most sophisticated of all animals, we can speak different languages, cook food, drive cars, go to college, and even debate over other animals not being equal to us. And that is why animals and humans are not equal. The intelligence level of a human is far greater and that's what separates humans from other species. If animals were equal a dog and cat would reply to this and defend themselves, that's just not possible. And for those that wanna say "you can teach animals things" well yes you can but regardless they will never be able to perform at the same mental capacities as you and I. Like I said, humans are just more sophisticated.

• Not by natural order

We often confuse value with function and that's why people get so defensive when the statement animals are not equal to humans is made. As humans we posses all the basic functions of a plant (growth, reproduction, nutrition) as well as those possessed by animals (sense appetite, sense perception, imagination, sensible good, etc...). But humans have two more things that put us higher on the hierarchy of being, those two things being will and intelligence. The proof is in our evolution thus far and in the fact that their are no doctor or scientist animals. Animals just do not posses these abilities. They can be taught certain things but cannot come to rational conclusions by themselves. Just as an iPhone and a 1998 model Motorola are not equal, so to does man and brute differ. That being said their value is not dependent on function, two things can be treated the same but don't have to be the same. Sadly, we live in a world where function and value are interchangeable and so there is a superiority complex but just because we are not equal to animals does not mean they should not be treated with the same respect as all other beings.

• This is just to fill space

This is just to fill space, look above for real reason, he explained it perfectly. Do not forget that not only does equality count on a privilege based scale, but also on a responsibility based scale. Would we give animals positions in a company? Would we ask them to clean their area? Of course not, and if you do you should probably consider seeing a mental professional.

• Animals are not equal to humans as there not treated as equals

Id have to say no. Reasons being 1) if they where truly equal we would not have them as pets 2 we would not eat them or keep them on farms 3 if they here equal to humans why don't they have right to vote. 4 if an animal dose something wrong should it stand trial? And finally animals are different to humans that said being treated the same is not the same as being treated equally. So for an animal to be equal to humans we need to allow animals to be animals without human interface. Until that day sadly animals will not be equal to humans

• Humans Reign Supreme

I believe that animals hold a special place in our society and I think some of them, especially are pets, can become family members. In general, however, I do not believe animals are equal to humans. Animals lack the intrinsic qualities that make us human and leave them a step below.

• Are you crazy

Of course animals aren't equal to humans. We should be kind and caring to them but they're certainly inferior to human beings. Not everything or every being has to be equal, but we still must love and respect each other. Animals help mankind in many ways but their role will always be one of servitude to mankind.

• Respect but not equal

Unless your a far left vegan libtard pussy, animals are never equal to humans. It is funny how a child is starving to death in some 3rd world nation yet some where in America some vegan pansy is crying over a wild animal hurt or diseased from natural causes. Yet we should respect life but not put animals on parity.

WilliamsP says2014-01-25T17:54:02.243
We are animals!