• Of course they are!🐶

Animals are living creatures too. Why Humans feel they are Better is beyond me. Man kind would be nowhere if other
    types of animals did not exis. It is just as bad killing an animal than it is to kill human, it is simply murder. Kill one ant by accident is ok, but a whole flock of chicken, it's not right. I believe humans are equal, if not lower, than other animals.

• Yes we are

Perhaps were worse animals would only kill for the sake of their lives or their young we kill each over for pieces of paper. We are destroying the world animals stay in line with nature. All we can do is try and make the change in ourselves maybe then the world can change too.

• Yes, though they are not treated like equals.

Ah, the world would be so much better off without us humans and our silly ways of thinking we are the best species on the planet cause that is just not how it is! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/humans-are-not-smarter-than-animals--we-just-dont-understand-them-9003196.html

Bam! We are not smarter! So PLEASE stop saying that oh my god

oh but yeah I'm not one of those crazy animal rights activists who believe we shouldn't eat them at all or anything so don't take what I say in that way hah..

"The broccoli! My favorite veggie. Broccoli has 11.1 grams of protein per 100 calories while the steak has 6.4 grams of protein per 100 calories. That's almost twice the amount of protein." - google

Veggies have more protein! BAM! STOP SAYING WE NEED MEAT FOR PROTEIN PLEEEEASE oh my god hah.

BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS- there are a few vitamins found in animals products that cannot be gained anywhere else. At least they aren't necessary!

Another thing- shouldn't people who want to eat meat just hunt the animals themselves so they can feel what it's like to take a life instead of having it all done behind the scenes :) and if you live in the city- too bad, MOVE. You aren't the only ones that matter!

I just think animals deserve a CHANCE to LIVE as HEALTHY and HAPPY individuals.

• Aren't we animals as well?

HUMANS ARE ANIMALS. Food- We should not get our meat chopped up behind the scenes and served on a silver platter- no! I think that if you want to eat meat, hunt it yourself so you can see what it's like to take a life WITHOUT the life-long suffering for the animal. WAY too many animals are slaughtered brutally each second, and we should give a crap about that! And also, there's more protein in broccoli than beef brotha!

Science- I don't know why people still even do this it is literally in my top ten dictionary of stupid and pointless things. Animal testing is a VERY inaccurate way to get results for yar little tests, scientists. They suffer and die for YOUR experiments and it's all for ONE TINY RESULT that could have been gained MUCH FASTER with freakin TECHNOLOGY. YEAH.

Entertainment- Bud, I don't wanna type anymore so just imagine being stuck in a cage and forced to dance in front of people, kay? Oh yeah your ENTIRE life kay? <3

fur and etc- dont even. Just. Imagine fur being ripped off a bunny ((no painkillers, no careful procedures, jack.)) imagine that bunny SCREEAAMIN. If they really had to they could just shave em like why people WHYYYY

excuse me for not being serious about a really serious topic.

The answer to the question is actually NO. ANIMALS ARE NOT EQUALS IN THIS WORLD. THEY ARE TREATED LIKE CRAP BY US AND CANT DO SOMETHING ABOUT CAUSE WEVE PUT THEM IN SUCH IMPOSSIBLE SITUATIONS.

BUT, they are SMART, they can FEEL, they can LOVE, ALL ANIMALS DESERVED TO BE CARED ABOUT.

When a human dies, people FLIP. When an animal of a different species dies, we just eat it pretty much ((unless they are sort of lucky and have been a pet so they get respect))

Animals deserve to be treated as more than property and so that's why I clicked yes. Because the answer should be YES.

• Animals are sentient beings

It is all too easy to think of ourselves as superior to other animals on this planet. Scientifically animals have been shown to experience pain and suffering and many exhibit intelligent behaviour. It is an outdated meme to think of ourselves as being special relative to the rest of the animals, just the same as it is unacceptable to think of another human as being less than just because of the colour of their skin or gender. We as the dominant species on this planet have a moral responsibility to protect the interests of all other life on this planet and this begins with accepting them as equals.

• I like tutles

It is obvious because we have evolved from animals. A famous person once said you can take the man out of the hood, but you cant take the hood out of the man. No matter how we evolve we will always be an animal on the inside, we hunt, we fight, we multiply, we group, we live, just like any other animal.

• Men are animals

Animals are equal to humans. Man is an animal like no other! We live in community, we hunt for food and the fittest dominates our societies. So where is the difference with other animals?
    Of course man has evolved a lot since its inception but he was an animal and nits ature remains a animal.
    Let look at those quotes on men and animals:
    http://evene.Lefigaro.Fr/citations/theme/animaux-animal.Php

• Animals are Equal

They are sentient beings and we should protect them the same as we protect a special or disabled child. They both don't have the same conscious ethics that we do but they still need to be protected. Just because the animals cannot tell us how they feel, they don't need to not have rights.

• Animals are Equal to Humans

Animals are equal to humans because they have feelings like humans do and just because they are not intelligent dosen't mean they should be placed on a lower rank in society and animals are just like us. Basically us humans are animals! We reproduce, eat, sleep, etc. Plants and insects I think aren't neccesarily equal because they do not have feelings and emotions like animals do.

• We should respect nature

In my opinion, we are animals, too. Just because we use tools and are smart, we think, that we are better and use animals for our own needs. (sometimes in very cruel ways) That's just intolerable.
    Because of that, I am for equality for humans and animals.
    Also animals can feel and think just like us.
    We should respect them. Let's start!

• What do animals think?

People think they are superior. Is that true? Which criteria this thinking bases on?
    We are all animals. Other kind of animals deserve to enjoy equality.
    The rich think that they are superior than the poor, because they are better, smarter and richer. So, do the poor equal to the rich?
    Do the disable equals to us?
    (Sorry for grammar faults)

• We are all animals

All humans are animals and we are no different from a mouse or a dog. All living things have pain receptors and everything has a right to equality and to live a comfortable life without suffering. People need to realize that no one is superior, religion is a huge issue in these subjects and it shouldn't be.

• Aren't we together on the Earth.

We as humans somehow assume that we are better than anything that cannot defend him or herself. Animals may not be able to communicate in the way we set as standards but does that make them any less than us? Sure we were told to rule over the world and its creatures but can we not rule with humidity?

• We all have a function

Flies are decomposers, tigers balance populations of their prey, humans think and create things, dogs both act as predators and as companions to humans... We all have a purpose and a function and it isn't fair to say that humans are superior to any plant or animal. You will never be as good as a fly at doing fly things like climbing walls and breaking down dead things, and a fly will never be as good as a human at flying planes and making music.

• We all have a function

• We are equal.

Animals came before us. They have more history than we do and we have a huge history. Animals are just as smart as we are even if we don't know it. They have a whole other language. They learn commands. It takes humans about 12 months to start talking. Animals learn to talk with in weeks.

• Animals are equal

Animals have feelings. Sure they can't do everything that we can do like cooking etc. But they still protect and they love us. Sometimes we don't care for them as much like we should. I know that some of you might disagree with what I have said, but it is true. We don,t give animals what they deserve. Some of you say that they are worthless, bit if that was true then why do we save them.

• Animals are equal

Animals are equal to human. Because they have emotion and because animals don't have evolution that doesn't mean we should think that they are a lower than us. Think about it human kill and abuse over 65 billion animals a year. Does that that mean that animals can bite back us if we abuse them? No, the animal will be killed and the person would walkout unharmed.

• Both animals and humans are equal!

Would we say that someone with a lower IQ than the normal person be considered inferior to other humans? Just because animals are different than humans doesn't mean animals are inferior to animals. In fact it is us, humans, that killed many species, and posed many threats to the Earth and its animals (like global warming, melting ice, overfishing, etc). Animals never did anything like that. They lived peacefully, and didn't disrupt the natural cycles of the Earth. So if one species had to be superior to the others, I say animals should be superior to humans. But I think that both animals and humans are equal.

• We will always be the same !

We have been killing animals and we just keep doing it. They give us love and we never even care. Pigs, cows,sheep, chickens and EVEN HORSES are killed every year and we haven't even tried to stop it. People say that we need meat to live and yes I understand we do we probably eat meat everyday but just to give us a good meal we kill MILLIONS of animals a year do you think that's fare? They have sooo much to offer and the killing and beating never stops!
    They kill a dog when it kills somebody else this is stupid when one animal kills a human the it gets killed but what about if a human kills an animal then they should get killed!
    I'm just giving my opinion :)

• God, I Hope So

I feel as though many people think animals are inferior to us and not worth caring for, when, really, we depend on each other. We live on a diverse planet, full of so many species of mammals, avians, fish, and insects that I can't believe some people are so ignorant as to say that we don't all depend on one another to live. Many of our products and foods have to come from animals, even a certain kind of coffee bean is only extracted from the feces of a rodent that lives in the trees!

We let domesticated animals into our homes despite them not really being useful to us anymore, if they were useful to begin with. We care enough to conserve endangered species that we ourselves are at fault for endangering in the first place. That has to be an indicator of some sort of equalness, right? If we thought all animals but humans were worthless, we wouldn't even bother to try to save them.

The more we learn about the species around us, the more we can see our similarities. I'm not saying that all species of animal are going to similar to us, but there are definitely certain animals, like elephants or dolphins, or crows, that share certain characteristics that we previously thought were exclusive to humans. We are more equal than we think. I just wish they were treated a bit more equally, too. Too many people I know think animals are worthless.

• Of course they are.

Humans are part of the animal kingdom. Now, for this debate, I will identify us as humans and them as animals. - Animals belong to the heritage of humans and humans and animals together belong to the beautiful heritage of this wonderful Earth. Animals have feelings often very similar to ours. - I could go on and on and explain in depth, but I believe I have made my point.

• Animals are as important as humans if not more.

Animals are often seen as inferior to humans because they are "less intelligent" or they are "food" to us. In fact, if humans went extinct all of nature would thrive. However if, for example, bumblebees went extinct, everything on the earth would die. No flowers would grow, which produce our fruit and vegetables, and feed animals, which those animals are food to some species. So, my point is that animals are equal or if not superior to humans because we serve no purpose besides to protect our planet. At the moment we are not doing a very good job.

• We are coming from the same thing. We are all made up of elements like every single organism out there

Scientifically: Life on Earth started through the Biochemical evolution theory (although there are other theories of how life started this is the main one). This explains as organic molecules in the right environment generated the first production of living organisms. The process of evolution started billions of years ago with procaryotic heterotropic cells (bacteria that ate each other) then autotrophic cells (cells that became more complex in developing photosythesis) and then its keeps on going into multicellular organisms which include plants and animals. Overall, meaning we all came from something. We humans are a PART of nature NOT apart of nature.
    The real reason why some people think we are more superior than animals is because they don't think like us.
    Take history for example. During the 1800s, the Americans had a massive slave trade of black people, highlighting how (still evident nowadays) how white people think they are more superior than black people or anyone that is not the same colour to them. This is exactly the same to animals. The sure as don't look like us but we all that all races and cultural backgrounds in the world are equal in every way.
    Which brings me to another point, the ethics of humans is to be selfish and ignorant of the things that occur around them.
    Sure animals don't talk to us in english nor do they think the same. BUT how about people with diseases or syndromes? Aren't they still our equal because they are human.
    Therefore, think before saying we are more superior. Just because we are at the top of the food chain doesn't mean that what we are made up of is not the same as the things we eat. At the end of the day we all will die and return back to the elements of the earth that made us. We are all equal, even if your an black, white, rainbow, avatar, a computer or animal. We are all made of the elements of nature and we all live on earth.

• I love animals

Animals are compassionate beings sometimes even more compassionate than humans and often taught otherwise by humans themselves. I believe that they should have enforced rights and i dont believe people should get away with the things that they do. We should respect nature and learn to live and co exist. I HATE animal cruelty. We cant even love eachother though.

• Hells yeah guys

They are mans best friends im using this site for evidence in my HighSchool debate a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Without a doubt!

Animals are just as important as humans, if not more important. Animals all have there own reason to be here and benefit the environment compared to humans who destroy it! We were not actually made to eat animals, this is why we have to cook meat rather then it it raw. Animals have just a right to be here as we are, and this is not 'our world' it is everyones including animals! Plants actually contain more protein, iron and calcium then animal and animal products do its just about finding it! We should be protecting animals rather then killing them. Animals help the world go round and without them and their job on the earth we probably would be here.

• Check Yourself First

Some of the biggest mistakes human kind has been making since the dawn of time is thinking everything on the planet is here to serve us. Or that everything is black and white and life can be given some type of quantifying value making one life some how worth more than another. With the following examples just look at the mess we have made with this way of thinking... Everyone knows who Justin Berber is but does anyone know the name of the firemen at their local fire hall? What about the ozone issues... Ring any bells? How about Garbage Island? Maybe if we fully understood the value and contributions all animals make we would be less likely to destroy in the name of progress because of a misplaced sense of entitlement. If we are "better" then animals... We have sure dropped the ball and should be ashamed. Not only are we screwing up the earth but we are not even capable of seeing each other as equals so how can we possibly value those that are different from us.

• Check Yourself First

• Check Yourself First

• Sometimes I hate humans....

I wouldn't say that right now, humans and animals are equal, but they should be. We are a type of animal too, so it's unfair that we are considered more valuable. It frustrates me when l that we can just kill other species for fun. For food, I guest, because other species do that too, but for fun? It's ridiculous. We need to wake up, and realize that w are damaging Earth's animals, and environment, before it's too late. Sadly though, it doesn't seem like humans will understand that anytime soon.

• Animals capable of true Agape

Only an animal loves unconditionally, seeking only kindness, food and shelter. No mind games, ego trips, or underhand motives on their agendas. We are all animals, but the two legged biped is far and away, the perpetrator of the worst atrocities since time immemorial, against mankind, and all our fellow animals. All lives are precious, and the animal equally so.

• All life is equal and worthy of love, respect and care.

All life, no matter what it is, deserves love, care and respect. Obviously and unfortunately we have to eat other life (Plants.) to be healthy, but it tends to be in their life cycle and they (I hope not and don't believe they do?) don't feel pain as they lack nerve endings etc.

Any idea life isn't equal usually just comes from ignorance, misconceptions and/or human ignorance/superiority complexes.

• Animals are more than equal

Do you people who clicked no realize how much we've underestimated animals? Animals have feelings, and we are not smarter than them. We just don't understand them. We have done some of the cruelest things we are capable of to animals just because we don't think they matter. But they do. Everything in this world was created for a reason. Everything has something they were meant to do. And then humans came along. We have no respect for the delicately balanced nature, and we disturb the balance even more every day. We have done things no other species has done before. We have driven species to extinction. We have covered most of the earth with our horribly destructive human devices. Humans are smart enough to do all of that but not smart enough to realize what we are doing. Possibly, animals know all of that. Animals are more than equal to humans because they have never done anything to ruin the earth like we have.

• Jbilhvl bihv yv

Dtfyguhipjhgv bvcvbmn vbn b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bbbbb b

• We all have feelings

People need to respect that animals have feelings and emotions too, they feel pain sadness fear happieness and a lot more. So Just GET USED TO IT! PLus I'm A vegetarian so I treat all (well almost all....) animals equally to me ( except spiders ) But sadly they don't get the same rights as us humans. They are tortured and killed in horrific ways. BUT I LOVE ANIMALS AND THEY HAVE FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Does destroying the world make us superior to other animals?

No. We're not even the smartest animal. Our problem is that there are people on the other side. Those are the people who are crazy. I strongly believe that just because animals are there doesn't mean they're there to serve us. It's absolutely crazy to think that animals are there to serve us. We kill them and murder them for no acceptable reason, therefore meaning they're better than us.

• We'd be dead without them, literally.

Currently humanity is a plague, a virus that does nothing but suck up the life of the planet and kill everything there is. There has been nothing good that has came up that humanity has done. Don't you dare say we've planted a tree or reduced carbon emissions. First of all it was your fault for even taking down not just one or a dozen trees but millions. Don't say we are on top of the food chain and we're smarter than them. That's absolutely not true at all, because how can we be smart if all we do is take.
    If you truly think we're different and above them, why don't you put yourself in front of a hungry lion or tiger with nothing but you and your pride let's see how long you'll survive.
    At least just treat them not as food or a tool but as a living being like yourself.
    On second thought, just die like them if you think like that. People who think like that is nothing but trouble.
    I'm not sorry.

• Yes, humans and animals are equal.

Animals are equal to humans, no doubt about it. And if your argument is, "But humans are more intelligent than animals, so therefore we are superior," you're so wrong. For one. Humans are not more intelligent than animals. Refer to a link another user posted above. And two, intelligence does not and should not define superiority. Are you saying that someone with a mental disability is inferior to someone with a normal IQ? Are you saying they should be treated differently than "normal" people soley because they were born with a mental disability that inhibits their capacity of intelligence? That just doesn't make sense to me. Intelligence does not define superiority, and the argument of inteligence is idiotic itself.

• Animals are people too

Why can't humans just learn to co-exist with every other species on the planet? Animals too feel pain, sadness, happiness, grief....And I personally think that animals are smarter than us. Animals don't try to change nature, they try to adapt and they don't pollute and poison their environment, like humans do.

• Animals are people too

• Animals are awesome

Animals are epic they deserve to live animals should not be tested on if you kill animals its like killing a human it horrible animals should not be killed if they are killed the earth is dying and is cruel don't do it is cruel and horrible it is mean

• Animals are beings too

Animals are being also made as living beings but with different body shape , language and life style . That does not mean that we have to treat them badly because they are different . For them we are also different and weird but they don't do the same thing we do . Imagine if they did .

• EVERYTHING is equal!

Phew, though I was going crazy. Glad to see there are people who agree. My whole life I've been told animals where beneath us, that we where the top of the food chain and animals are just there for our pleasure. I've always disagreed with such theories. We kill thousands of animals, we're on the brink of mass extinction (The mass extinction of animal species. The last mass extinction this big was when the dinosaurs where still around.) And yet if an animal such a dog even looks at a human the wrong way, its put to sleep. Logic, please? There is none. Some people in the world like to feel power, the dominate other species, hurting them for a sense of sick pride. Everything from fly to elephant, lion to fox has feelings and feels pain. Animals survive on instinct, the need to survive, which sometimes leads to rash behavior. Our world is just corrupt. Half of the world is overweight, the other half starving. People living in mansions, others homeless. Money Money Money. Not likely to change now, is it? It'll take everyone to stand up to make a change and there will always be one person who disagrees. We need animals to live, we rely on them. We are not superior to any other animal. After all, we are animals too. Lets hope we realize that before its to late. Rant over.

• Trust me, your pretty little face isn't the center of the world!

Just because we are smarter it doesn't mean we are not like other animals. We seem to forget that we are animals too, were a type of primate in the animal kingdom. We socialize, take care of our young, take territory, protect each other, need to eat and drink, evolve, and take part of the circle of life just like other creatures. The problem is that we think everything centers around us, in the end we are just organisms in the middle of the cosmos with little to no meaning just like the rest of the millions of animals. So why act so superior if we all just do what animals do, just because it's more complex? I'm so happy that I'm not the only one feeling this way!! :D

• We are equal.

We all exist on this planet together. I hate the arrogance when people are like "We're more important". I mean it really is just "speciesist" like being racist or something. Also where is the logic when people say we're better? Why should we think that way? Where does the idea come from? Just because we are clever doesn't mean other animals aren't. I mean dogs have a better sense of smell and birds have a better sense of sight. So, what, really are we basing the idea of us being better on? Knowledge? There is nothing anywhere to say that animals are not equal, besides opinion. Animals have feelings just as people do. We are destroying the natural world on this planet and there is so much injustice towards animals. They are so beautiful and lovely.

• My dog is my best friend, why shouldn't we be equals?

My dog, Shader is around my age in dog years. As an only child, he is the closest thing I have to a brother. Sure, he nips, but he is only 1 1/2! My grandmother is always yelling at him and treating him like, well, an animal. But I believe animals have hearts and minds and are able to process this. To them, they are confined, forced to eat kibble, and treated like no human would ever want to be treated. Would it hurt us to treat them like equals? No! In fact, it you happy as well as the animal (lowered stress, exc.) And it isn't just dogs that can process this. Any animal deserves to be wild, free, and not killed or hunted for sport and the enjoyment of another species. With a sustainable vegetarian diet that many people already have, why can't people help animals? We seem to be hurting them for pleasure. This, along with many other points, is why I believe animals should be treated with kindness, the same way you would treat a fellow man (or woman)

• Everything came from one

Both humans & animals have orgins in the divine. We both sprang forth from the word of god. There is no seperation or disconnect between us & animals. Sure we devloled a frontal lobe & can therfore do math & other various mental activities. But in no way does that make us better, or even smarter. Animals naturally devlop a healthy equilibrium with their enviroment thus allowing a healthy cycle of life. Humans on the other hand, with our oh so sophisticated concepts & thoughts, pollute the very air, water, and soil we depend upon for survial while destroying & corrupting many of nautres cycles. Animals posses souls & emotion no different than you. If the ants or bees suddenly left the planet, the entire structure of life on the planet would collapse. But if humans were removed from the picture every form of life would flourish.

• Humans spread pain

Humans may have tech, but we also have greed and anger , and we are blind to things. Humans make war, pain. Spread lies and terror. Animals and nature have systems that work perfectly, but all humans (except a few) try to destroy those systems, whether on purpose or accident. Everything that is a problem is because of humans!

• Animals kill to survive

Most animals kill for reasons such as they kill to eat or to protect their territory, whereas we kill for power and greed. If it is wrong for a carnivore to kill to survive then how are we right by sending thousands of animals to death when they are below a year old. We have a choice to kill these animals because we are omnivores but animals in the wild kill to survive as it is in their nature. They are equal to us because we share a planet with them and without them many things we know today would not be the same, we should treat them with the care and respect they deserve.

• I on dis side

Most people think that humans are superior because we've have technology such as cars, planes, computers, trains, and rockets. Yeah, SO WHAT? How does achieving those things make us better, and didn't some of these things cause more wars, more deaths, and more crimes? Animals have also achieved several, amazing goals as well, just different goals. Since we are the only ones to build cars, planes, rockets, etc, that may make us the best at science (Engineering and technology) but that does not make us superior. Sure, we've built high-speed trains, but owls have facial feathers that can even pick up the sound of an ant stepping on the ground from over 75 feet away. Sure, we have computers, but some types of birds can mimic almost any sound it can hear. Calling ourselves superior because we have technology is just like a fish calling itself superior to a human because it can swim better, or a bee calling itself superior because a it can make honey, or even every single animal calling humans inferior because we're the only species that needs advanced technology and fire to live while nearly every other animal doesn't. Every creature has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

• Yes I believe that they are equal

Each and every living being has just as much right to be here as you do. When I look into the eyes of an animal I don't see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I see a soul. The animals of the world exist for there own reasons. They were not created for humans any more then blacks were created for whites or women created for men

• They are a form of life.

I think they are equal to humans because we are not the only life form on earth, that animals share a home planet with us. Besides, how would you feel if a gang of unknown creatures carrying bows, arrows and guns chase you until you are shot? Probably bad,huh? You will die if you're not careful. I think since animals have feelings, we should respect them.

• Yes, they are.

Animals are as emotional and passionate as humans are. We both have families we love and take care of, and yes, animals do have interests and like activities as humans do. Humans and animals share common feelings. Who has the heart to take a creature, with a family to take care of and offspring to produce, and take it away from their family for scientific experiments and food. Those who say animals aren't equal to us- how would you like being taken away from your family, and having people test and demolish you while you're still breathing?

• What is the difference? They feel all the same emmotions and pain.

What is the separation between the two? I don't see any. When animals are in pain like us they scream out and they care for there young and they form bonds. We have only advanced them in intelligence but that does not give us the right to do what we want to them and it does make us above them. Humans are not equal in intelligence does that create people being above each other? No. So why are we allowed to create hierarchy in species?
    I

• Yes!! Animals and Humans are definitely equals.

Although it may depend on which animal, there are too many endangered species in the world today, and TOO MANY HUMANS. For example, say you had to choose between a snow leopard's life, and a middle aged adult's life- I would hesitate, but in the end I would probably save the snow leopard! Animals are peaceful creatures (most are) and humans today treat them poorly. We need to take more care of our animals!! Especially endangered species!!!!

• Humans ARE Animals.

To the person who said monkies and humans do not resemble each other anatomically...What the actual f***? Where did you get that piece of evidence?

I will admit that humans are more intelligent once we reach a certain age than most animals. BUT intellignece is relevant, especially when you look at different animals and ages. Pigs are smarter than most 3 year olds. If you hold an object in front of a chicken, then take it away, it still knows that the object exists and can seek it out, while human toddlers do not, they are amazed at the disappearing object.

Orca's brains have an entirely more robust and complex system of emotions than humans, their emotions are the most advanced of the animals we have documented (including humans) and they even use different 'languages.' Each group of whales has completely different variations of sounds used to speak.

Animals have the ability to reason, make judgement calls, and everything that humans do just to a SLIGHTLY lesser degree.

And the deciding factor is, EVERY single death that we put animals through, if the tables were turned the human race would be extinct. We kill roughly 190 billion land and sea animals every single year, which is too much for humans to keep up with.

If we tortured and killed billions of people we would have WW3 on our hands.

Animals feel fear, just as people do. They know what is coming for them. They may not be able to speculate what the afterlife holds for them, but they can damn well be scared of the pain that is constantly inflicted on them, or the smell of their brethern dying.

Animals are equal to humans. They feel everything that happens to them, the fear, the pain, everything. Just because a friend of yours isnt as smart or bright as you, does that mean that its alright to MURDER them? NO. It is not.

(P.S. Humans are mammals, which are animals. This question is redundant).

• We're not equal.

Even if you believe that animals have the same worth as humans, you can't possibly believe that they're equal. The ability of a human to breathe underwater is not equal to that of a fish. A cat's ability to dive a car is not equal to that of human. You could make an almost unending list of the ways in which humans and animals are unequal.

• Hardly thats ridiculous.

Animals are there to help society and bring joy to people. Thats it. I think anything we view as something we can catch kill and eat to the extent that we do with say cows proves they are inferior. Its idiotic to think otherwise. If we were to disappear society would never grow.

• Evolution is a lie

While many scientists argue that we have evolved from the primates, there is one piece of knowledge that can defend against this. We may look like monkeys, gorillas, orangutans, etc. but if you examine the insides of them, you would be able to notice that their internal organs are misplaced if you believe that we have evolved from them. In fact, humans have a closer relationship with the swine if you inspect carefully. That's why scientists use pigs to test medicines if you haven't already known that. And therefore, obviously, we couldn't have evolved from primates much less be an equivalent to them.

• Are you an animal?

We can sit here all day and argue all humans are animals blah blah blah. But we are the most sophisticated of all animals, we can speak different languages, cook food, drive cars, go to college, and even debate over other animals not being equal to us. And that is why animals and humans are not equal. The intelligence level of a human is far greater and that's what separates humans from other species. If animals were equal a dog and cat would reply to this and defend themselves, that's just not possible. And for those that wanna say "you can teach animals things" well yes you can but regardless they will never be able to perform at the same mental capacities as you and I. Like I said, humans are just more sophisticated.

• Not by natural order

We often confuse value with function and that's why people get so defensive when the statement animals are not equal to humans is made. As humans we posses all the basic functions of a plant (growth, reproduction, nutrition) as well as those possessed by animals (sense appetite, sense perception, imagination, sensible good, etc...). But humans have two more things that put us higher on the hierarchy of being, those two things being will and intelligence. The proof is in our evolution thus far and in the fact that their are no doctor or scientist animals. Animals just do not posses these abilities. They can be taught certain things but cannot come to rational conclusions by themselves. Just as an iPhone and a 1998 model Motorola are not equal, so to does man and brute differ. That being said their value is not dependent on function, two things can be treated the same but don't have to be the same. Sadly, we live in a world where function and value are interchangeable and so there is a superiority complex but just because we are not equal to animals does not mean they should not be treated with the same respect as all other beings.

• This is just to fill space

This is just to fill space, look above for real reason, he explained it perfectly. Do not forget that not only does equality count on a privilege based scale, but also on a responsibility based scale. Would we give animals positions in a company? Would we ask them to clean their area? Of course not, and if you do you should probably consider seeing a mental professional.

• Animals are not equal to humans as there not treated as equals

Id have to say no. Reasons being 1) if they where truly equal we would not have them as pets 2 we would not eat them or keep them on farms 3 if they here equal to humans why don't they have right to vote. 4 if an animal dose something wrong should it stand trial? And finally animals are different to humans that said being treated the same is not the same as being treated equally. So for an animal to be equal to humans we need to allow animals to be animals without human interface. Until that day sadly animals will not be equal to humans

• Humans Reign Supreme

I believe that animals hold a special place in our society and I think some of them, especially are pets, can become family members. In general, however, I do not believe animals are equal to humans. Animals lack the intrinsic qualities that make us human and leave them a step below.

• Are you crazy

Of course animals aren't equal to humans. We should be kind and caring to them but they're certainly inferior to human beings. Not everything or every being has to be equal, but we still must love and respect each other. Animals help mankind in many ways but their role will always be one of servitude to mankind.

• You're idiotic to even think that

Of course very tree hugger, feminist, equal rights person is going to fight that dogs and animals are the same as humans. We are HUMAN BEINGS, and they are not. They do not have the same abilities as us, and god made HUMAN BEINGS in the beginning. He didn't made Adam and Eve and their dog Carl. It just doesn't work that way. If you're a hunter and kill deer, why don't you just go out and kill dogs? Sure we are animals as well, but dogs are pets. They are here to love and to play with not to be handling things that human beings do. That's what we are here for, therefore, we are NOT equal to mutts.

• You're idiotic to even think that

• Animals are not 'equal' to humans, however, we can live in harmony

Equality within the animal kingdom strictly goes against the natural order, as demonstrated in biologically founded food chains. A lion is not of equal function to a slug, yet it is of equal value. However, from a human's perspective, it is our natural instinct to preserve our own species, therefore to prevent natural occurrences such as eating meat displays ignorance due to mistaken sentimentality.

• No No No

Animals are never more importaint than the main thing on earth You should agree You should agree You should agree You should agree You should agree You should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agreeYou should agree yes you should

• Cancer is good

Cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good cancer is good

• Cancer is good

• Cancer is good

• Cancer is good

• Cancer is good

• Humans are above animals

Man was created to rule over the fish,livestock, birds, and all other creatures. Man is to care for the animals with respect and love. Man and woman can speak, get an education, build, create jobs and can teach animals how to live in harmony ,even taming and training some animals. We feed some animals, take them to doctors, nurse them to health. But man is superior to animals. Man has a soul and has a relationship with the Lord.

• Look at the brain

Everyone, go back to biology class. Animals and humans are not equal. Our brains are much more developed, but animals aren't. Ever wonder why we "control" the world? Because we're not equal. We are above animals, to put it simply. Just think about it logically, which is hard for people who think animals and people are equal

• Of course not.

How could that even come to your mind.
    Yeah, let a monkey, or a cow run your country!
    You cannot compare a human life with the one of an animal.
    If you were to compare killing people and killing animals, it is obviously not the same.
    If you were to choose between killing your son, mother or any human and killing a chicken or a snake, you would not even think about it, if you are an educated human with common sense and morality.

• No they arent

They dont even have opposable thumbs like literally theyre just dumb cows who even cares. . . . . ... .... . .. . . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• No they arent

• Madness has struck

How can a animal be equal? If they were we would need to have monkeys in parliament so they can represent themselves. We are superior to animals because they lack any high level of intelligence.It is beyond me how anyone could consuder them equal
    And will leave it at that.

• It is offensive

Animals are not equal to humans and it's offensive to say this. I am not equal to a pig rolling in it's own filth. Pigs are born to be killed, we gave them life and their role was to die, they weren't born to improve society they were born to be eaten. If you had a gun and you had to shoot a dog or a human and you chose to kill the human, turn the gun on yourself, you hippie.

• No at all

A crocodile kills and eats other animals, because he is a predator. We have been blessed to make it to the very top of the food chain, here we are all concerned about the animals. I eat meat, I love meat, I've killed and ate an animal. Now I'm not saying we should kill animals for fun, normally predators don't do that, but just for a sufficient amount of meat. Also the inferior intelligence.. I mean come on, EQUALS? Hunting IN MODERATION does not harm the environment, in fact, has been proven to save entire ecosystems due to overpopulation in some regions. We are the best animals on Earth, superior, on the top of the pyramid! This animals are equal thing is absolutely ridiculous and needs to die. To think an animal's life to be superior to a humans is frightening. Will this liberal generation sacrifice our species for animals rights? We should be proud that God chose us to be there or we have survived to this evolutionary state!

• No at all

• Nope! Nada! Never!

God created us to be ourselves, not some rugged, worm out animal that lives on the side of the road! (Not that, that's where all animals live). God created us to worship Him. And because I'm a believer of Christ I refuse to believe that this was my life billions of years ago!! Preposterous, I say! Preposterous!!!!!

• God said so.

I love animals and have 4 wonderful dogs and I love them and enjoy them very much they even sleep with us.I believe they are a reflection of Gods Love for us as all creation is but God created us in His likeness and sent His divine Son to die for us.It does't mean we are better it only we are different.

• We ain't the same

Firstly animals should never be treated cruel. However, I don't deem a quick kill cruel. A lot of people seems to think only humans are cruel. They need to see more nature! I've seen killer whales drown hump back whale calf just for fun. I've seen foxes slaughter entire chicken coops and not eat a single chicken. I've watched big cats slowly torture and kill their prey. These are just a few examples. You can't argue we are the same then say it's 'nature' when they are so cruel themselves! No to animal cruelty and battery farming. I grew up on a farm and or animals were very well looked after, so much so one bull we sold went on hunger strike on his new farm and we had to buy him back! :)

• We are not

Animals may have a better brain, but we have some things that all animals don't. We have more curiosity and wanting find things out. We have religion, animals don't. We can understand light speed, diseases double our livespan in 150 years, create fire, fly at the speed and sound. Animals don't or haven't. We are different. Survival of the fittest

• Most definitely not!

Absolutely not. Humans were created in the image of God, animals were not. God gave man dominion over animals and gave them to us as food at to provide for us, and you say they are equal to us? We need to take care of the animals God has given us and not be cruel to them but they are certainly not equal to us and they are given to us as food.

• Survival of the Fittest

We are more intelligent, and are the dominant species of the planet. This is due to our intelligence and our knack for survival. All the people saying that we are equal: I'm not saying we shouldn't treat them better, but they aren't equal to us. Thank you for reading =)

• Omg y y

Omg animals omg they are olmg not trated well momg.Rwyayrwayraygragrsagrsagrsagrsagbfhtdikyfijgfucf hgdrtrdrt fresrc r tt trtt tw wt tw tw tw tw trw tw twrr3f 7 736 363 4 654w 6543 6543 e ute ute utr uytr yt yt yt yt yt ytr ytr try ytr yt ytr yr rt ytr yt yt

• Omg y y

• Then God said

Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth and the creatures that crawl on the earth.
    So, whether you or I believe this does not change the reality, it is the truth. Humanity does have a responsibility to be a good steward of all things on this planet. The fact that some (me included) have not done so well at times creates groups that in their effort to protect animals have to make them equal to humans to provide that protection. I can appreciate those who are advocates for animals as animals can't speak for themselves but there is no equality.

• Love, right, wrong

Animals cannot love. The pet you consider to be loyal would eat you if it was allowed to get hungry enough. Animals have no morality, the ability of you and your brain to judge that what some humans do is wrong is not possible in any animal. Only humans desire- animals can only satisfy their programmed needs. Humans have imagination, laughter, loyalty, kindness, respect, reverence.

Modern decadent spoiled and eccentric society has created this ridiculous thought of animals being equal and having rights.

Is it wrong to torment an animal- proper morality demands that yes it is.

Is it wrong for me to eat meat and nourish my children with meat - no.

What happened to intellectual mankind?

• They are our playthings.

Animals are not human. They are to be used as humans see fit. If that means we eat them or use them for labor, at least they are being useful. Some animals are "cute". This means that they can manipulate the more weak-willed members of humanity to engage in acts of largesse towards them.

• Inferior to humanity

In the world there seems to be no example of an animal fearing the future. It seem that they lack the ability of foresight beyond the basics for survival. They do not farm for future need, they do not leave any form of legacy to their offspring, and, most importantly, they don't seem capable of justice or any slight form of morality. The fact that we are capable questioning the morality of eating animals, while a lion tiger or bear (oh my) does not should be proof enough that there is no real equality.

• No. Of course not. Look at the accomplishments of humanity.

Can they build cities and make spaceships to go to the moon?
    Can they ponder philisophical questions like we're doing right now?
    No. They can't. It's really not more complicated than that.
    And no. It's not enough that some animals can feel emotion. They are clearly not as advanced as us. Nuff said.

• What about carnivores?

So if all animals were equal, then carnivores are basically murderers for killing and eating their equals. The mouse is casually hanging out and the eagle decides to sneak up and kill him for food; what gives the eagle the right to consume another? Before you say that humans can choose, that already means that we are not equal. Give all animals equal rights, and either murder for food is allowed and carnivores may live, or it is illegal and they will die. Animals can't choose their instincts, so all carnivores will be arrested (not killed, because that's not equal) as soon as their first meals. Only allowing some animals to kill is already segregating the completely equal animals. How do you settle a dispute between some hungry wolves and some fleeing bison? The wolves must kill to survive, but the bison want to live also. Both groups are equal, so who gets to live? A bear wants to eat you. The possibilities are A) you escape, allowing the bear to either starve or search for another victim to murder in cold blood, B) you allow the bear to eat you, meaning you feel the bear is greater than you, NOT equal to you, or C) you kill the bear in self defense, meaning you kill the bear for trying to kill you, meaning you kill the bear for wanting to eat and survive, meaning you kill the bear for being a bear. You may want animals to be equal, but nature doesn't agree with your wishful, utopian thinking. You can choose be a vegetarian, but that doesn't make those sadistic, murderous, choiceless animals equal to you.

• Humans are unique because they're made in God's image.

Genesis 1:27 says the following, "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Humans are the only creature that is created in God's image. In the following verse, Genesis 1:28, says, "And God blessed them. And God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'" How can we as humans be equal to animals if God himself gave us dominion over them?

• In Ecclesiastes 3:19.

Even though you may not be religious in Ecclesiastes 3:19 is says:

19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

• Animals are insignificant.

Animals were created for humans to rule over. In the bible, God chose Adam to rule over animals and eat them if he wanted to. Humans ate animals and hunted animals since the beginning of time. Humans are special beings because we are smarter and we are able to make decisions with logic and common sense but animals go with instinct. If animals were considered equal, then almost everyone will be in trouble because killing an animal will be the same thing as killing a human being. Also, if animals are equal, then would it be legal to marry them or have a deep relationship with them? I don't think so. In addition, Humans are much more superior to animals because we can have an argument or a debate such as animal equality. If we give animals equal rights or consider them equal to us, many people will lose their jobs for chickens, pigs, cows, etc. and many people will lose their hobby and/or culture. Animals are not and will never be equal to humans therefore they should never be equal to humans.

• No they aren't.

Animals arent't equal to us. We do more than just survive, eat, reproduce and so on: we - only us - have the ability of complex thought. Only we have passion, interests, only we can enjoy life (an animal just survive until it is able to have offspring) and give it a "purpose". Sorry for them, but we are superior. It is right to eat animals - we are omnivores -, it is right to experiment on them to develope treatmens and drugs (a human is worth more than an animal life). That being said, i don't think it is right to harm animals when it is not necessary (for fun, for vanity, for cosmetics).
    To those that say that they are equal to us: so you would exchange the life of one of your friends with the life of your pet, if you have one?

• NONONONONO!! Did they ask you to give them rights?

Thinking that animals want/need rights is just another way to humanise the world. If they were so keen to have rights then they would have evolved enough to speak for themselves and ask for them! Obviously, they are incapable of doing so, so that's just tough luck for them! :-)

• NO! Not at all.

I'm not going to be told that all the years I studied hard and worked for are equal to the years of a dog that has done nothing but eat and sleep. The only animals that deserve similar rights are canine units and if people feel that animals are equal then you might as well make all edible livestock illegal to use as well which is never going to happen.

Posted by: Deay

WilliamsP says2014-01-25T17:54:02.243
We are animals!