Are arranged marriages better than marrying for love?

• Arrange marriages last!!!!

I am voting for a different type of arranged marriage a new version not this old school rubbish that goes around where the daughter or son has no say! They should be involved more so than anyone but i guess my point is both parties are supposed to love via logic not emotion. Traditional love is all based on endorphins in your body and chemical reactions, for example if person looks "hot" to what society brands the girl will look for someone who looks "hot and probably fall in love even though thy dont get along and then they split up. Why do we have so many rates of separations! The girl was the one who continued the relationship! Cause that girl chose the guy based on lust and not logic, we have this pressure from society in that you have to fall in love the ideal partner. Too many marriages are based on lust no a days and i guess the best way to put it is love should be about logic, respect, compatibility compassion. The girl should be READY not THINK she is ready. So many love relationship fall out. I have seen arranged marriages last way longer but there are cons in this as well!!!! The new way of arranged marriages is different than what North Americans think. Two families raise there kids and already plan that the children would marry, they give them exposure to each other and encourage them to gain experiences so the love is actually built , once being put through the years they "fall in love" but this was already arranged from the beginning. Hence arranged marriage, instead of some one being single finding someone and then getting married at random. I guess my post should be for love but in my opinion getting your parents or your friends to arrange someone for you is better they know what you want, you dont get hurt and waste time and become someone's love experience

• Made in heaven.

Arrange marriage is made in heaven as the parents will find the perfect match for me and my family. Respect and true love between the couples. Thrilling moments. Its like hidden treasure and more you explore about your partner strengthen the love, understanding, feeling and relationship. Long lasting true relationship.

• Arranged marriage is better

In my view arranged marriages are better than love marriage. In love marriages partners are trying to impress each other, they are not ready to share their weaknesses. Problems occur when the partner doesn't like to accept their weaknesses after the marriage. So a love marriage will be successful when both understand each other.

In arranged marriages, parents choose our partners. I think they know what is good to their children. Here two persons with different attitudes, mentalities and goals are committed to live together. So they will respect their partner's choice. So I think most of the arranged marriages are successful.

• Yes, they are more stable.

An arranged marriage is one in which there are not all the grand expectations that there are when love is involved. Love can often let you down, whereas an arranged marriage is based on expectations that are reasonable. An arranged marriage reflects the actual idea that marriage is a contract and both parties know what to expect from the other. It's not often that arranged marriages result in the kind of madly in love type of relationships, but they usually do have a settled and loving bond with each other that works.

• It has a foundation

You see, people now find ways to be "strong" for their loved one. But that's not how it goes. Being strong for that one person is simply by showing that you know their weaknesses and flaws. You do know that it's really hard to accept the fact that we people have weaknesses, but we need to accept it of we really love someone, and that's hard.

• Good in some societies bad in others

Arranged marriage is good in some societies while it is bad in some other societies. It is good in some societies because it is following the religious customs, it is a sign of honor and respect to the families involved and it is the culture of the community. It is bad in some communities because someone has no right to marry who he or she loves, it is discriminating and it does not matter if the parties involved are happy.

• I believe in any marriage.

Nothing is better than anything.
    It's what you believe in!
    I come from a place where arranged marriage is very common.
    So I believe in both.
    But I'm going to have a love marriage!
    Because I'm in love with someone who I truly love <3
    It would be tough for me but I'm willing to take the risk to live with someone I want.

• I believe that love marriage is better

Love marriage is better than arrange marriage. Well know who have an idea about love they always choose love and coordinate with parents also. An another question that is parents choose best just see his/ her face, family, economic condition without internal views. I request the youth to crack out the bad culture.
    Rate this: +15 -8

• Arrange is Best

Arrange is Best. Love is nothing but attraction between boy and girl.And divorce rate is very high in love marriage around 70 %. And arrange marriage it is 10 %. So stop love marriages in india.

Arrange marriage means actual marriage.
    Love marriage is nonsense. So stop love marriages.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@

• Dude dude dude

It's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious

it's pretty obvious

it's pretty obvious

it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious
    it's pretty obvious

• Sex Out of Pure Duty?

When you marry out of arrangement, you are marrying someone you barely know. As a woman in a culture like India, for example, you are then pressed into intercourse out of PURE duty. Not because you love someone and are sharing yourself with them. Sex is supposed to be out of LOVE not duty. That goes against everything we EVER teach people from childhood.

• Arranged marriages could lead to suicide!

Arranged marriages have lead to suicides, and I've done multiple research projects on it. People are forced to marry before the age of fifteen most of the time. Those kids miss out on most of their childhood! They miss out on everything that they should have gotten. Some of them are married to people twice their age. Even three times their age! Kids. They. Are. Kids.

• Trust is the important thing between two couples.

Love grow feelings, give hope to live and sometime do crazy things for your lover without thinking about it and they sacrifice for each other's also let them believe each other and love is blind do not let you think how is you are loving and don't see the defects of other and you forgive a lot.

• In my opinion...

People should do what they want, they should have the choice to marry by arrangement or love... I personally think love is better but there are arranged marriages that have worked and the couple have developed real feelings for eachother. What concerns me is that in some families the children have no choice and so are forced to marry the person chosen by their parents, what about homosexuals? Gays , lesbians , asexuals... All the LGBT community is destroyed if they are forced to marry the opposite gender to their preferences... Just think about that, I think forcing them is such an abbomination.

• In my opinion...

• Love ❤ marriage 💑 unite a country

Love happens between individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, race, regions etc. While in arranged marriages parents will only go in their own socio economic background.
    I am not saying arranged divides a country but they have a tendency of seclusion and not inclusion so if you want to unite a country ar even the world we need to encourage inter religious, inter caste, inter ethnic and inter regional marriage

• When arranged they don't divorce because they are scared too

I don't know if this is the case in all arranged marriages but I know a girl who had an arranged marriage. She hates her husband and she wants to divorce him. But she lives in India and they probably look down on divorces I don't really know thats what she told me. Her parents and his parents are like very close and she doesn't want to ruin their relationship and she's afraid her parents will hate her and her husband might do something to her. That's my argument

• The basis of any marriage must be LOVE

The reason for any marriage should be because you love the person and want to spend the rest of your life with that person. People argue that in arranged marriages you can "fall in love" or "grow to love the person" after marriage as well, but do they have a choice but to fall in love? Marriages should be based just on love and not like a business deal as with arranged marriages.

Posted by: nad
  • The basis of any marriage should be love

The reason for any marriage should be because you love the person and want to spend the rest of your life with the person you love. People argue that in arranged marriages people can "fall in love"as well, but do they have any choice but to fall in love after marriage? Marriages should be based on love, not just a business deal like arranged marriages.