Are art students properly equipped for the corporate world?

• Yes, but not in the perspective foreseen

Most, no, all art students are critical thinkers. You need critical thinkers in the corporate world to generate creative ideas and tactics that the other companies in the competition do not come up with. Now I do agree that students of this age and day are not prepared for the corporate world, but I also believe that an art student could figure out a possible way to overcome the issue due to limited education; at least a true artist would. There have been many situations where a company would come to artists to help think of new directions to head into.

• No art students are not ready for the corporate world

No, I do not think that art students are properly equipped for the corporate world, as they lack the skills and professionalism it would take to succeed in the corporate world. I think that art students are too free with rules and discipline that the corporate world demands, and therefore are not cut out for it.

• No, most are not.

Students in general are not properly prepared for the corporate world. Schools portray a 'safe' learning environment where you can get used to submitting assignments and work with soft deadlines (I say 'soft' because any major project is told to you months in advance). This is not realistic and will not prepare anyone for their boss storming into their office and demanding two weeks of work done in three days because someone else dropped the ball and it's needed ASAP.

• No, most are not.