• Yes, obviously we have seen the power of Google Maps (and that is only at the civilian level).

Spends the time and money to develop these products for use in space, but usually there are many civilian applications for the same products. Production of these product leads to redevelopment, sales and distribution - all of which leads to more jobs; somebody has to build, sell, and repair. There are issues that do plague us as a race. There is poverty and injustice in the world. While these issues exist and should certainly not be ignored, the funds put forth to space exploration have a quantifiable impact and are no less of a priority.

• Yes, astronauts are needed on the Space Station.

It is my belief that there will never be a time when astronauts will not be needed. While it is likely that the Station is made up of mostly internet-based technology and can run itself through satellites, there is always a chance that a piece of equipment could shut down or malfunction. It is safe to say that astronauts are needed in situations like these. In addition, an astronaut is a respectable profession that children as well as adults look up to and I believe that we need as much positive influence in this world as we can get.

• Yes, in the event a manned mission is needed to the Space Station, trained astronauts will be needed.

Though the operations on the Space Station are performed via remote methods, I believe it is a good use of monetary resources to still have trained astronauts that can endure missions to the Space Station under extenuating circumstances that necessitate human intervention. The Space Station itself is a massive financial investment that should be secured at all costs.

• It's critical to keep the Space Station in operation

There's a handy website where you can see just how many people are in space at any given time. And all of them are on the International Space Station. The usefulness of the Station has been a topic of controversy for quite some time, but I believe it serves a useful purpose in learning more about outer space. As a result, I think that we should keep astronauts up there.