• Yes because l

Jeijdidiednieniedni enid d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d ds sd ds sd ds sd sd dss d sd d sd sdsd sd ds sd sd sd ds sd sd ssd sd sd s sd sdss s s s s s s s ss

• Yes because l

• Fddfd df df

F f f f f ff f f f f f f ff f ff f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f ff f f f

• Fddfd df df

• Athletes get paid way to much.

Hi people jdfajdfsuadhshaufhidfhu fdsijdaudius h hh h h hh h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h hh h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h

• Not at first

I believe at the start they try to make it to the pros because it's a dream they have always had, but I think after they have been in the league for awhile they start to only think about the dollar bills. I see that when stars are on a really competitive team, that has the ability to contend for the Stanley cup, Lombard trophy etc but will sign somewhere else if they don't get that huge contract

• They wouldn't play if they didn't get the same pay

Years ago sport athletes played for little to no money. If we reduced how much athletes earn today to be more like what they used to earn then they wouldn't play. If they don't get their million dollors a game then they would move on to something else that would.

• Yes, athletes are now celebrities.

We used to have professional athletes who were heroes and stars who were good performers or actors. Now we have only a culture of celebrity that includes both athletes and those in Hollywood. Most of these are talented enough but not always super talented and just are famous for being famous and earning a lot of money.

• Everyone is in it for money

Everyone in the world is in "it" for the money in this day and age, not just athletes. Most athletes only care about the money and it shows in their game. I prefer watching college sports over professional sports because the college teams play harder. You can tell by watching them that they are playing to win, not just for their next pay check. Professionals only want more and more money to do the same thing that has been done for years.

• On Pro Level, Free Agency Proves It

Athletes are only in pro sports for the money because they hold out to sign contracts after the draft and hit the free agent market to try to make as much money as possible. It's not about the game anymore, otherwise there'd be no television contracts and mega-stadium deals. Amateur athletes are in sports just for the fun of it. However, pro sports guys are only there for money.

• Yes because l

• Because they no

C c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c

• Because they no

• No athletes are not in it just for the money

I don't think they are because they could make it to the Olympics and be famous. I mean they can make history people! They are so cool. I love to watch U.S.A win the gold medals.
    Just look at Gracie Gold, Michael Phelps, Gabby Douglas, Shaun White, Charlie White, Meryl Davis, Ryan Lochte, Julie Chu, and Amanda Kessel. They made it in the Olympics. Charlie White and Meryl Davis have been practicing for 17 years together to make it to the olmpics. DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY JUST DID IT FOR THE MONEY?!?! No, they did it for PRACTICE!!! So shut up about this stupid thing about athletes only going for the money!!!!!

• Athletes wouldn't play if they didn't enjoy it

I understand the "doing it for a boatload of money" aspect of becoming a big league sports star. However, no one gets there being promised a hundred-million dollar contract. They have to really enjoy what they do to make it to the level where they make the kind of money that the other 99% of players dream of.

• It Takes More Than Money To Win

I do not believe athletes are involved in sports just to get money. Sports require a lot of ability, that a person must foster over years of playing and experiencing their sport. It's not something they are good at over night. Furthermore, most athletes never make it to the major leagues of their sport and therefore are rarely reimbursed for their play.

• Not All of Them

There is no question that certain professional athletes today are only in their respective sports for the money. But in professional sports leagues, every player in the league has the talent to succeed, so it takes hard work and dedication to remain in the league. Athletes who just mail it in don't last long.

• No, defiantly not!

Obviously, who ever ask this question is not an athlete! A person is in athletics because nine times out of ten because they love what they do. Most athletes are amateur athletes who do not get paid. To make it to the pro level is great, but they worked very hard without pay for a long time before they earned the pro level!

• They are not in it only for the money.

No, I do not think that athletes today are only in it for the money. I think that many (and most) athletes out there love what they're doing. They love the sport they play, and they loved it enough to make it their profession. Sure, the money may contribute to why they went professional, but I think they love the game as well.

• Athletes are in it for more than just money.

No, I don't think today's athletes are in professional sports solely for the money. We see that every time an athlete reworks his contract to stay with a team or takes less money than he might have received had he gone into free agency. That being said, players have worked incredibly hard to get the money they are paid. Oftentimes, the players spent their youth and college years receiving no income and practicing a tremendous amount while their friends and everyone else was out enjoying college or high school.