• YES! YES! YES!

There is no doubt in my mind that banks receive a cut from the food crisis. If you look at it from the banks side, you make money from swiping cards and deposited money. If someone is swiping a card to get food that costs more, BAM! You make more of a profit.

• YES

I'm not so sure they they are profiting in an absolute direct fashion, but I will say that the more money people have to pay, the more money runs through the system. I'm sure that with all the shady investing that goes on at these banks, they are finding a way to make big money off of it.

Besides, we are eventually going to have to increase food stamp allowances to keep up with rising food costs, and I know for a fact that JP Morgan receives a cut every single time somebody swipes a food stamp card.

• No, I don't see how

Unless there is some back door type of thing going on here, I don't see how banks could be profiting from the food crisis. Doesn't the crisis simply mean that food prices are rising? So wouldn't that mean people are unable to pay for as much food as before? How could the banks profit off of that?

• No higher prices make loans risker

While it is true that banks take a processing fee off of ATM, credit and food stamp cards these are not enough to make up for the fact that it is getting more and more difficult to service the debts people have and keep food on the table. Big banks will suffer right along with us.