Are Black people more privileged than white people?

Asked by: Oliverwilps23
  • Yeah, they totally are.

I saw no responses saying yes, so I thought I'd come in. Black people are way more privileged, they rule the white man and want to institute white slavery as vengeance. They're gonna raise up a black army to kill the white man. And it's all Obama's fault. Oh, and trolling is fun. Don't take that too serious now, y'hear?

• Unfortunately, Yes. Yes They are.

We live in a world today where the white man is so racially punished that they may not shoot a black man for no reason anymore. It may sound horrible, but it's true: armed white on unarmed black violence just isn't acceptable, and it needs to change. When I was growing up, we'd shoot a black man just for breathing our air, and now you tell me I can't even call them the swine they are? It's ridiculous!

• HEY black are more privileged

Hey just accept it, why are white people being racial profiled..( black privilege), why are white people in jail ..(black privilege), why is it that 1 in 3 black people will go to jail and not 3 out of 3 it's because of black privilege. White America just accept that Black Privilege aka(Systematic Racism) is real

• Yes blacks are more privileged than whites

Yeah, they totally are. I saw no responses saying yes, so I thought I'd come in. Black people are way more privileged, they rule the white man and want to institute white slavery as vengeance. They're gonna raise up a black army to kill the white man. They have the cops to racial proflie anyone who is non black and institutional racism

• Blacks are more privileged than whites

Yeah, they totally are. I saw no responses saying yes, so I thought I'd come in. Black people are way more privileged, they rule the white man and want to institute white slavery as vengeance. They're gonna raise up a black army to kill the white man. Blacks are superior so..

• I hate racism

I once saw a black child, being aggressively attacked by an elderly white couple. They were trying to put this 3-4 year old child in their trunk, I heard them calling him a negro, I ran to his defence, I was infuriated. I helped him get away and I ripped these ignorant racist folks a new one I was so sick by what I witnessed. But I protected this boy, I don’t care what race he was that was absolutely sick. But can i please address the fact that I have been raped and violently brutalized by all sorts of ethnic people for being white. I have been told my ethnicity made me repulsive, I have been excluded and bullied for being caucasian. Someone tell me how that is not racism. Because it isn’t okay either. Racism against white people is real. I’ve lived it. Why have I been attacked so many times by strangers because I’m white. I mean why don’t white lives matter too? I think everyone matters. But It feels like because I am white I must accept the bullying, I don’t get to be respected.

• Job Discrimination and Equality

We have gotten to the point where in America, everyone has equal rights. Every person has the opportunity to get a higher education if they want. However, due to the mistreatment of blacks in the past, I think that now an offensive comment about someone how is black, regardless of whether it is about color or not, is viewed as racist. This gives black people a sort of go to statement that something was a "Hate Crime".
    Another example is in the workplace and college's. There are workplaces and colleges that are required to have X amount of black employees and students at one time. But should that depend on the color of skin or on how eligible that person is. If a black man has a better education and experience than a white man then great, he deserves a job, and vice versa. It should not have to go off of skin tone because no matter what that gives one person or the other unearned privileges.

• Duh! Are you blind?

There are just as many black people discriminating whites as vise versa. There are several work places that require a certain percentage of black people. That means that there could be a white guy with more education than the black guy and the black guy would still be hired despite the fact that he might not happen to be as qualified.

• Dgdgaasdgss gd g gd

• Yes they are more privileged

Black people have an edge and advantage giving them a head start that white people don't have. Such as a likely hood of getting a job, house, wealth, and systematic privileges granted to them by the govt. And global aspects coming from Africa. Black people are way more privileged, they rule the white man.

• Black history is a story of constant disadvantage compared to whites.

This is a ridiculous and baseless poll question. How could anyone think blacks are better off than whites? Have you not heard of White Privilege?

Read this article. It's long but it gives a thorough historical analysis as well as examples how even today blacks are less privileged than whites. http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

• Is this a joke?

I cannot believe this is even a question! I Googled "black privilege" to see if there was such a thing - as it's certainly not mentioned in media, literature, academic writing etc. White men rule the world! Financially, politically. Sure, some Blacks have assimilated to white culture making them more successful. However if you adhere to Black culture in America, Australia wherever - it is far less likely for you to reach the soaring heights of a white male/female even if you're from the same socio-economic, geographic - the list goes on - backgrounds. So... NO! NO! NO! There is NO WAY Black people are more privileged than white people!

• You're kidding me right?

1 - Wealth... The number one way wealth is earned in America (or most anywhere for that matter) is... A father has a son. Black people have been stripped of wealth from the start through slavery and 400+ years of discrimination and persecution that followed... And still exists today. If you can't see a 400 year head start on the issue of wealth accumulation ALONE as privilege, you are either ignorant (fair enough, now you know) or willfully ignorant (you don't want to know).

2 - Death by 1000 cuts... It's hard to recognize white privilege as a white person because it's the norm. For black people, white privilege is visible everywhere because the benefits of that privilege are not received. i.e. job application discrimination (studies have proven that having a black sounding name on a resume ALONE, results in less call backs), police profiling (this one is self-evident unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months / years), criminalization (blacks are arrested and incarcerated for the same crimes as whites at higher rates and longer sentences despite the fact that white people commit those crimes at higher rates), media/mainstream perception (blacks are perceived by the media with greater negativity in comparison to analogous stories and profiles of comparable white/non-black subjects) The list goes on and on... Bottom line, black people and communities are oppressed by a multitude of structurally-ingrained white-privileges...

But, as a white person, it's hard to accept because those privileges benefit white people, and it's not viewed as privilege (though it most definitely is)... It's viewed as the norm... So much so, that when policies are proposed that aim to right the lack of privilege for people of color (i.E. Affirmative action, adjustment in policing, laws against discrimination)... White people are so outright blinded by their own absolute privilege, they see them as causes worth fighting against... When fighting against such progress only reveals a truth many white people don't speak out loud but feel deep down inside:

White privilege (aka. Structural racism) has been the norm for so long, and has clear benefits to those who bear it, and they do not want it to change.

Posted by: NOLA
  • That depends on a lot of things

Wether someone is privileged or not depends on their socio economic status, health condition and family life among other things. Some black people are poor and suffer from diseases or disabilities. Some are wealthy and are in good health. Some white people are poor and suffer from health problems and abuse while some are rich and have good family lives.

• This question is racist

To say that any so called "race" is more privileged than another is wrong. Some "blacks" are in poverty, some are rich, you really can't make a generalization. And this question doesn't even use the word generally in it, so it seems to me like it's asking if all "black" people are more privileged than all "white" people. The answer to that is no.

• I'd say they're equal to less privileged. Depends on where they are.

I'm not quick to brag that I'm married to a black woman because it would seem like I'm flaunting how PC and enlightened I am. I'm really not very PC at all, and my enlightenment is in the grand scheme of things negligible. I bring it up now because being close to her and her family has helped me understand the positions of their culture a lot better.

First, they are more privileged in that more programs are racist...I mean race-based in their favor, but really, it seems to be more about how much political loyalty (to the Democrat Party) the agency thinks they can get out of the beneficiary that helps to determine how many benefits they will give. Yes, it is that corrupt.

Second, SOMETIMES, people are terrified to say the wrong things to or about them. But this also backfires, as the perceived special aura of specialness that surrounds them, whether they want it or not, causes many to unfairly despise them. Also, there are people who don't care about the PC psychological shielding that the left has attempted to erect around their culture, and they're racist toward them anyway.

Also, generally, black people seem to feel safer, or at least more at home in black neighborhoods. And from what I've seen, they don't understand that white people generally don't have the same cultural confidence because we have no solidarity. Which is the way we like it. We're totally individuals, unless we include ourselves in a "white" subculture like Italian, gay, etc. The solidarity gives Blacks some confidence and an ability to collectively get certain things done that "we" can't, but individually it hurts them.

So overall, it's half of one, six dozen of the other.

• Black people succ

Black ppl r moar privlegdd than whit ppl because they good at basketball so basically they just good cuz they run shoot n steal! Black people r so bad!!!111!!!!!!!!!!! They have advantage also because they can have guns and can shoot better than white! Black pe ople are the one who racism! I'm just a white crackr but it ok, since I can just murk black people to get more money for more cocain!

LOL (I'm just at troll)

• Black people succ

LOL (I'm just at troll)

• Fuck the racists

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• 2% come on man

As a white man I feel I am more privileged because of the indifferece in the prison system and seeing how only two percent of blacks work for them selfs and whites control practically all the money unfortuneltly we are way less privileged than they are Malcolm x was right when he said integration would hurt Blank culture