• I believe so, but I do not know.

It's a shame these debate sections do not have a middle section. Everything is based on faith even science. If I were to tell you the Bible is evidence, you would respond how do I know the Bible is true? I would respond I don't know, I believe it to be true. Ask yourself this, how do you know your mother is your real mother? You would state your birth certificate, but then how do you know that it is not forged? You can see the similar pattern developing.

Even in science, nothing is 100 percent accurate. Even in DNA test the percentages vary around the high 90s but never 100. Even then, I can ask you, how do you know the machine is working properly? To overlook that percentage of error or doubt, you must have faith. Every criminal behind bars could be innocent as each verdict is dictated not on fact but faith.

The same goes for the non-believers or atheists. The atheists do not know if God exists either. As for burden of proof, what would constitute as proof? If the Christian shows the Bible or explains a miracle, would the non-believer not dismiss it immediately by stating a reason based on his sense of what is considered "reasonable"? What is reasonable? Did they not say that it would be "unreasonable" for man to fly? "Reasonable" is subjective and is not enough to justify a conclusion. It is impossible to know anything. Other than of course that you know nothing. Everything is based on faith and to ignore this would be ignorance at its highest. This could all be a dream and you could be sleeping right now. How do you know? Faith.

• Beliefs can't be disproved.

The problem is that God can't be really disproved. Its more of a belief. We cannot say he doesn't exist. The only way to disprove it is to prove the historical facts in the Bible are false, but that hasn't happened. Almost all sites mentioned in the Bible have been found, and we know there was a person named Jesus alive during that time. Personally I'm a Christian, but even without that I would have to say the Bible is true when it says that God exists.

• I think its real.

If there was no life after death, external creator or eternal life, what would be the point of our existence? Soon we will die out and nobody will be left to care, as if we never came into existence, the only feasible meaning of life is that there is someone who is ongoing. Also I personally find it hard to believe that the constant mass of conscious and unconscious thoughts running through my mind just stop when I die. I don't think that some small physical thing like death will make the complex mass of thoughts just stop. Also straight after you die, a small weight of 7 - 21 grams leaves your body, this is probably weird of me to think, but perhaps that's our soul leaving our body's. I guess heaven and hell are just what I think is most likely. Also, I've seen a women who had been in a wheelchair for 13 years stand up and walk during prayer, a lactose intolerant girl eat a massive tub of ice cream and she was fine after prayer and I watched a girl with development issues grow when prayed for. People can blame it n coincidences but seeing it with my own eyes convinced me.

• Where would we go?

If heaven, hell, paradise, or any other afterlife didn't exist, where would our soul go? Would we just, disappear, like we never even existed? Would we stay down on earth?

On the other hand, I think, we believe in afterlife as a protection. A protection against the fear of dying. It's the only hope and security we get, when we die.

• It is real...

Personally, I think it is real. I believe it is real because the main goal of the Roman Catholics is to get into heaven. Also if we are a bad person, and want to be forgiven to get into heaven, why bother? If heaven wasn’t real, then what is our goal?

• Their is no proof of the matter.

The only why we can come to the collusion that either is real is by believing in something that is not provable. There is so much about the bible and how it was constructed to make the story sound good and make things connect. Same reason as to why do we celebrate Christmas when we do? Historical facts say that their was no taxation to be collected as the way it was written in scripture. The fact that it would have taken the wise men many months to years to get to Bethlehem. Conceiving a child without introductory of an egg and sperm in mankind is impossible. Let's look at a following laws. A person has two reason's to obey laws. One is to do what is morally right or to advert the punishment of breaking the law. Christianity states Jesus loves everyone, that you must obey his teachings. Therefore in the end Religion is only there as a way to control people. If you do not do as I say you will be condemned when really you will either be six feet underground or cremated.

• Their is no proof of the matter.

• Their is no proof of the matter.

• I think its not real.

My supporting evidence is that if you don't see it you think its fake. But you can believe in the fact that there is a supposed supreme being of life. Sorry to say it but you cant play it two ways if i said aliens were real you would think me crazy. Why because you haven't seen them right well the same could be said about god, Buddha ext. But if it were real who is the bad guy because in the bible satin killed 7 people but god killed millions

• No evidence provided. And what's so good about infinite anyways?

First of all, I can't prove that there is no heaven or hell, I can merely reject the assertion that there is one, because there is no evidence at all. And no, a little 11 year old boy with a hallucination/delusion does not constitute as evidence, because 1) people have hallucinations ALL the time and 2) I have no way of verifying that experience.

It is like 99% likely that this life is all we have, because that is where the evidence points. Many people find this depressing, but I don't. I see it as an incentive to get the most out of every minute, because if life was infinite, there would be no point of doing anything (since you would have no time constraint). Many people envision heaven as something that would be extremely pleasing, but in my opinion, a finite life beats the (hell) out of living forever. No pun intended. There's probably no heaven, and there's definitely no hell. Now go enjoy your life (:

• I don't believe in hell.

While I think that a heaven of some sort is certainly a possibility, hell is an insane cruelty that I wouldn't wish on anyone. If I wouldn't wish it on anyone, then how could a loving god? I am not a Christian, but I believe that there is an afterlife. I simply cannot accept the concept of a god that would torture people for eternity.

• They were inventions used to control the masses.

In the past, heaven and hell were both invented as a way of making sure people behaved in a certain way. It was sort of a 'carrot and stick' approach to luring people into following Christianity, as they were too scared to disobey the religion in fear of spending an eternity in hell, and were persuaded that if they did follow the religion they would be rewarded with an eternity in heaven.

• No evidence of God

You don't believe something true until it can be proven true. Faith is just an excuse to believe something without evidence. Show me evidence that God exists, and I'll be very happy to believe it. Funny how nobody has done that in over 2000 years. I'm still waiting for that one believer to prove God exists and receive their Nobel Prize for it.

• I don't think they exist.

Because nobody has see him and science has proved that we were not made by god,but we were made through nature. I believe the bible is fiction and that the science argument is real. Christianity is believed in less and less these days. If god is real, where is 'he'?