Are British high streets becoming more homogenized a good thing?

• Unity is always good.

Yes, British high streets becoming more homogenized is a good thing, because common culture is a positive thing. Homogenized high streets lead to continuity. Neighborhoods are more predictable, and people are more comfortable in their neighborhoods. It sounds terrible to say, but there is something to be said for planning, zoning, and homogenized high streets.

• Yes, Good Sign

I believe British high streets becoming more homogenized is a good
    thing. I think this makes things far safer for those who use the high
    streets as there is less of a chance of surprise. When things are
    similar they are easier to deal with. I think this is a good thing.

• From a business standpoint, it's an excellent thing.

This is what is more commonly known around the world (and fittingly so) as globalization. While some might despair at the uniformity of it all, from a business standpoint it's a very good thing. Those shops would not thrive if the consumers did not want them there. So what if we sacrifice a little visual appeal?

• Yes It Is

I believe British high streets becoming more homogenized is a good thing. I think this makes things far safer for those who use the high streets as there is less of a chance of surprise. When things are similar they are easier to deal with. I think this is a good thing.

• Homogenization in Britain is not a good thing

The invasion of corporate or chain stores on emerging markets is not a good thing. The stores that these chains compete with do not have the same access to goods. Many local stores maintain a small level of customer loyalty up until the prices get too low to pass up. That is where large chains have the advantage. The money made from the large chain sales goes some place else. If the small chains do more business, more of the profits stay within the community.