• Yes because a

Child, we'll call him ararmer1919 and his twin jonathondj werein a crib with bumpers and their fontanels were not closed, so big fat jonny threw ararmer1919 against the bumper and his brain stuck through the tiny unclosed hole. In retribution ararner1919 took his little bitty barley formed fist and bashed in jonny's. Scared their parents would find out they took cotton from their snuggly and filled each others hole with a whole bunch of cotton, even pulling out what brain was left for the cotton. All because of bumper pads.

• Yes and No

Yes if the child is looked after. No if this is not the case. As long as the child is looked after there is no trouble. I don't think there really is much to worry about lol... Yes if the child is looked after. No if this is not the case. As long as the child is looked after there is no trouble. I don't think there really is much to worry about lol...

• No they are not

I had bumper pads in my crib when I was a baby, as I can tell by looking at photos and videos, and I didn't die from SIDS. SIDS is not really a diagnosis. It is a way of saying that they don't know what caused the death of the baby. The term "SIDS" was coined for sudden infant deaths that cannot be unexplained, and one of the criteria for SIDS is that all the other possible causes are ruled out.

PhDMan says2014-01-20T20:26:57.683
Again a black and white answer of yes or no. There should always be a middle ground choice such as "it depends". There are different factors that make bumper pads useful and dangerous. An example is the size of the crib/cradle. A larger or wider crib/cradle with bumper pads is not dangerous because if the infant does not wiggle all over creation and sleeps in the center then no harm. On the other hand if the cradle is small and baby is super wiggle worm making his/her way over to the bumper pads while sleeping that has increased risk of suffocation. Factors that influence the answer to this would be the age of the baby, size of crib, sleep style of baby, position of the baby etc. So a simple "Yes or No" does not suffice for an accurate answer.