Are Caucasian’s being discriminated against?

Asked by: MaggieMae76
  • Dna proves otherwise while color skin still categorizes.

The old saying "its because I'm black" swings just as harmfully in the other direction, when you are automatically branded a racist "whitey" just because your skin is white, regardless of your ethnic history. Your grandparents could have come over in the 1930's from Europe and had absolutely nothing to do with America's slave history or its policies and because you are white, you are automatically a racist.

• The pendulum swings

When I ride my indo board, the main danger I have is that I will over correct and fall. But don't I need to correct imbalances? Of course. It is the same in the realm of racial discrimination. Because African Americans, Chinese, and others have been discriminated against by Caucasians in the past, they have to be extremely careful what they say and do, and African Americans especially often view Caucasians as an enemy. Caucasians are still prejudiced as well from time to time, of course. Racism is an issue no matter who it comes from.

• We are not responsible

If you are saying to me that Caucasians deserve unfair treatment because we enslaved human races and such, you should really consider that most of us were not alive at those times and most of us felt that was wrong. That is kind of like saying that we should discriminate against all Muslims because of a few terrorists groups... It's wrong.

• Yes, as are other races.

everyone is being discriminated in one way or another. But when race is involved, it (in my opinion) makes it racist automatically, with the exception of describing and probably other ones that i havent thought of yet. The point is, everyone is being discriminated against, and that is something that you cannot discriminate about. Discrimination is not discriminating.

• Of Course, Especially Males

My son, with a 3.97 GPA, started applying for colleges last year. While I've always felt there is discrimination against Caucasians, the college scholarship and grant program proves it. We borrowed a copy of the comprehensive scholarship/grant listing from another parent. This book is thousands of pages and we struggled to find anything he qualified for as a white male. There are thousands of scholarships for African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and other races, but very few for white males. It's easier to get grants as an illegal immigrant than it was for him to get any money.

• Absolutely and anyone who says otherwise IS incorrect.

Whites are being taught to feel guilty 24/7 about what our ancestors did. Enough is enough. Minorities, specifically blacks, are being taught whites are keeping them down. That whites are the cause of all their problems. Going so far as to incite race war. Martin Luther King Junior DID NOT ASK FOR THIS! This is not peace! Blacks literally have a game called "The Knock Out Game" where they find a random, innocent white and BEAT HIM INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS. And this is fine, because they're white?! Affirmative Action?! Where you get scholarships based on your skin! How racist is that!

This is horrific and evil.

• Cry me a river it's 2016

Whatever. If you want to dwell on the past and be just like who you hate because your blinded bye ego go ahead. Your right. We all need someone to blame. Irish who are very white were also enslaved. Women in other countries these days are treated like property. Bye their own race. Gay's of any color are still killed to this day. So please spare me your marginal statistics. They are very extreme. Why not blame someone else. You don't have to look at yourself. Your judging a book bye it's cover and that is absolutely your misery. You're choice. Alot and I can quote thousands of facts of other races besides whites have done crimes against humanity to their own people. But why not. Keep blaming someone else.

• Cry me a river it's 2016

• Cry me a river it's 2016

• I think it's more accurate to say very few have it handed to them on a silver platter.

Also there will always be a few that are born in the right race, at the right time, with the right background, in the right place. The rest of us are in the boat with having to do the best we can with what we have to work with at the time. Remember an old tactic to conquer is to divide people and get them to argue among themselves. Don't let your focus on inequality make you miss the chances to succeed.

• No, you people have so many opportunities

Sure, you may think whites have it so hard. All these different cultures growing in 'your country'. Whites have so many more opportunities, and as an Asian, I almost find it offensive that you believe your life is so hard. People like me have fought for our opportunities, faced racisim, criticism, all while being stereotyped. You've never understood the hardships of being discriminated against. So in a sarcastic note, I'm so sorry for your 'suffering' but try being a Indian women in America, and you tell me about your struggles.

• Ummmmm..........were my people (Caucasian) owned for their skin color?

Yes, I acknowledge that some white people have gotten dirty looks, but didn't e deserve that? We enslaved an entire race, nearly wiped out all Native-Americans, and took a lot of land from Mexico. I hope that I am not judged for the horrible crimes against humanity my race has committed