Are celebrities good role models for teenagers?

Asked by: pages123
  • You can't say they're not!

Celebrities. Most of them once were as small as us in a massive world but they decided that they wanted to go into the entertainment industry or sports industry. They encourage us to put ourselves out there. So many people in the world have been encouraged to put themselves out there because of celebrities. Most celebrities are also talented, some more than the other. They had the courage to go there and step into deeper water then what they were used to but they survived. I don’t know about you but when I see a movie I like a look at those actors that I know are celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence, I think wow, how did she get there? How did she become so successful and talented that she pull off a role like Katniss Everdeen’s? I now want to go into the entertainment industry not because I see celebrities making going to all these social events and wearing skimpy outfits, loads of makeup, high heels and other glamorous accessories but because they put themselves out there and it makes people happy. J.K Rowling once was in debt, had a baby to raise, had just got a divorce, and quit her job so she could write this one book. When she finished writing it, she couldn’t get it published but did that stop her no. She tried so hard to get it published and it did because of a CEO’s daughter who fell in love with a book about a boy with a scar. Want to know which book? It was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Celebrities aren’t bad role models if that 0.0086 percent of the population has encouraged and showed someone as hard headed as me that you can do so much more if you only push yourself and put yourself out there.

• They encourage us to put ourselves out there.

Celebrities were once as small as us but they decided that they wanted to be more and do something else. Look how far they came. You know Zendaya wasn't born a talented singer, dancer, actress and more. She put effort and time into making it big and she got there. If that's not showing someone what they could do if they put their mind to it I don't know what is. Kids these days expect to be spoon fed and to become successful you need to actually try and work hard to actually go somewhere in life. We need celebrities to show us that they got there and you can to. Only if you get off your backside and do something for once.

• Yes they are

Because Taylor swift is the nicest person to exist and she donates to charities and surprises her fans and does meet and greets for free. Her lucky number is 13 so she once held a 13 hour meet and greet for free! What a goddess ya know shes the best

• Ye they r

Yeah they are because they do good thing to help all the people on the internet to not do stupid things in the world doing so they make a lot of money from doing things that will like and give money to watch more of the things that they like

• Yes there good

Think of the positive and all the good one like Kirk Franklin Tasha Cobbs and more of the gosple and gosple rap people who does stuff and spread it like Dee 1 and how he does it and spread the word of god. Don't judge theme cause there that ok

• I doubt it

Many just like to drink and do drugs as well as sing inappropriate songs. This is what motivates people to drink to take "a good life". How is drinking good? This ruins many lives. The prohibition should be reenacted for the good of our safety. There is a difference between the right to consume what we like and the right to be safe and respected. If consuming one thing will put a risk for the violation of others right to be safe and respected, then we don't have the right to consume that.

• Jij iji jiji jijiji jij ij iji jij i

Ji jiji jij j i ji jj i ji jj j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j

• Hihi hihi hih

Hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihihi hihih ihih ihi hihi hih ihih ihi hihi hih ih ihi hih ihih ihih ihih ihihihi hih ihih ihi h hi hih ih ihi hih ihi hih ih ih ih ih ihih ihih ih ihi hih ih ihih ih ihih ih ihi h ihi hi h

• Celebrities are good role models

They are good role models because you tell by seeing them in a group and saying they are not good role models. We should see them individually, not in a group and you can't say that if one or two are all of them are like them. Celebrities are good role models because the inspire us a lot. It all depends how that guy will take it.

• The question is too broad

There are a lot of 'celebrities' on the planet, ranging from politicians to sports players to musicians to artists etc. Due to the wide range and sheer mass of celebrities, there are many different personalities in the mix. It could be argued that there are some celebrities who are good role models and some who aren't. Personally, I don't think it's that simple though. I think people are too complex to be labeled as 'good role models' or 'bad role models' in most cases. I mean, we all make mistakes, does that instantly make us a bad role model? What even qualifies as a good/bad role model?

• For the most part: NO

The fact that 100% said yes, hopefully means that only a few people voted. If not, we're all doomed. I'm a teenager myself, and never looked up to celebrities, because the true models in your life should be people you know. Your parents, people in your dream career field, teachers, etc. Obviously not all celebrities are involved in drugs, violence, etc., however many celebrities get plastic surgery and praise themselves for being richer than the typical population, feeling they are entitled to this higher position, even though it's just a career, like acting for example, that they have chosen for themselves. Their identity shouldn't be "celebrity", they are just humans like everyone else. The better role models are famous people who aren't considered Hollywood "celebrities" but they are TECHNICALLY celebrities by definition; like Bill Gates. I love certain famous people for their work and would wish to know them in real life, however, no one is a better role model to you than yourself. I love Johnny Depp's acting, style, and would love to meet him in person. However, teenagers shouldn't focus so much of their time on celebrities.

• Ye they r

• I doubt it

• Jij iji jiji jijiji jij ij iji jij i

• Fuck shit man

Nonono onoohoo o odv ekv m m r are u serious
    shane won wrestlemania
    roman rreigns won
    ambrose lost
    ryder won:)
    f,vsrg
    b th
    5y5kv4c tjo5 5oj5 b b2 4v se e phv g cb sc g k sv v v v ns v v v v ebv kzf vae mfrnr k

• Celebrities are not good rolemodels!

There are an abundant amount of celebrities who are constanly sent to jail for various reasons, like drugs. Teenagers will begin to do these things and it will effect them negativly. Not all celebrities are bad influences, but for the most part, theyre not people young children should admire. Most celebrities are stick-skinny and tall, which will make students strive to be like that. But that's not realistic . Teenagers should not waste their time on celebrities.

• I doubt it.