Are cell phones one if the biggest causes of traffic congestion?

• Cell phnes are trouble

Cell phones are one of the most dangerous things a driver can use while driving a vehicle. Texting and talking while driving is worse than drinking and driving. States need to clamp down on abusers and enable the roads to be safe again. Hopefully drivers will obey these warnings and drive safe.

• Yes, I think so.

I know that I do go slow and do not drive properly when I am using my smart phones. It is not as much as the talking on the phone but the texting and using the internet that causes there to be problems on the road. When someone has an accident because of using their phone it is even worse.

• Cell phones are not one of the biggest causes of traffic congestion.

Cell phones are not one of the biggest causes of traffic congestion. I commuted from Ft. Worth to Dallas and back again five days a week thirty years ago. It was stop and go traffic all day everyday. At that time, I saw one person stuck in the same traffic I was, who was talking on a phone. The rest of us were simply victims of too many cars and not enough lanes and everyone trying to get to the same place at the same time.

• A big cause, but not the biggest.

I think that cell phones are a very large cause of traffic congestion. I believe that the biggest cause of congestion is probably construction and accidents. Many people slow down to stare at accidents even after they have some lanes open for cars to get by. Cell phone use is distracting and could be responsible for some congestion, but not most.

• No They Aren't

I do not believe cell phones are one of the biggest causes of traffic congestion. There was once a time in the history of human kind when we had plenty of cars but very little if any cell phones and guess what? We still had a lot of traffic congestion. While cell phones may have made it worse, they are certainly not the main cause.