Are children of homosexual parents more likely to grow up to be homosexual?

• In my Point of View Children with Homosexual Parents will have the Outcome of Becoming Homosexual Themselves.

I mean it is obvious that children with homosexual parents will come out the same as their parents who are homosexual. The children are around their parents most of their life and will observe their parents kissing, hugging, etc. And as a result leads them to think that they should show compassion and affection towards the same gender.

• Yes, and its a terrible thing.

A parents bad habits will be reflected in their children. If a parent is an alcoholic, it's likely that their children will be alcoholics too because they think that's acceptable. And homosexual "parents" are no different. They will teach their children that mindless sex is a great thing and having aids and STDs are great things too.

• I think yes.

If you grew up raised around parents that were homos then you would watch them on a daily basis hugging, kissing, and whatever else. This would have to have an impact on you in some way or another. Usually we tend to see our parents as role models as we grow up in life.

• Already been proven.

This question has already been answered through research. You are much more likely to be gay of you are raised by gays. At least 3 times as likely to be gay. You are more likely to be gay, since gay can be learned. Not all the time, bit most of the time

• Kids in gay homes think it's normal or, at best, are sexually confused. Read the statement below.

The American College of Pediatricians (ACP), a national organization of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals, wrote the following information in its Jan. 22, 2004 article "Homosexual Parenting: Is It Time for Change?," published on its website ACPeds.Org:

"Data on the long-term outcomes of children placed in homosexual households is sparse and gives reason for concern. This research has revealed that children reared in homosexual households are more likely to experience sexual confusion, engage in risky sexual experimentation, and later adopt a homosexual identity. This is concerning since adolescents and young adults who adopt the homosexual lifestyle, are at increased risk for mental health problems, including major depression, anxiety disorders, conduct disorder, substance dependence, and especially suicidal ideation and suicide attempts..."

• Yes in some way.

My father smoked, drunk alcohol and did drugs. Both my Mother and Father hugged and kissed and showed affection in front of me growing up. My mom whooped me and my brother constantly for being bad, both my parents kept the house clean and organized.

Did any of that impact me? Yes. I smoke and i drink i don't do drugs though smoked marijuana a few times as a teen and young adult. I spank my son for discipline and i keep my house clean and organized for the most part (wife doesn't like to clean).

If you grew up in a house hold of violence, verbal abuse, sexual abuse etc or positive things like being loved, parents being supportive of you, spending time with you etc.. If your parents where negative or positive toward your upbringing you where in some way effected by it.

Yes i believe if a child parents are the same gender its more of a possibility a child would choose to be with the same sex.

• Or not, who knows?

Homosexuality is supposed to be partially genetic.

If two homosexuals have there own child (so 50% of genetic material comes from homosexual parent) is there a chance for their child higher to be born (not to become) homosexual?

I suggest YES, but I don't know if anybody did any research on this, so I may be wrong

• It is more accepted

When both parents are gay there is generally more acceptance for being gay. As in, it is much easier for a gay child to understand what being gay is and how it affects someone's life. The environment is far more open for homosexuality and therefore produces more homosexuals. Standard logic.

• Children are Influenced by their Parents

How could this not be the case? Either homosexuality is in one's nature/biology or nuture (or both). If biological, then if one member of the homosexual couple is in fact the parent, the child has a greater chance. If it is from the influence of others, parents are probably the strongest influence in any child's life.

• New Research on Children of Same-Sex Parents Suggests Differences Matter http://blog.heritage.org/2012/06/11/new-research-on-children-of-same-sex-parents-suggests-differences-matter/

For anyone but morons, it is obvious that children should be raised by a man and a woman.

It is equally obvious that showing a man and a man or a woman and woman kissing, holding hands, etc. is not something a child should see.

The most recent studies prove that children of gay parents are more likely to be sexually molested by those gay parents than heterosexual parents. These studies also show that the children grow up confused about their sexual identity, and many grow up gay.

"Compared to young adults in traditional, intact families, young adults whose mothers had a same-sex relationship tended to fare worse than their peers in intact biological families on 24 of the 40 outcomes examined. For example, they were far more likely to report being sexually victimized, to be on welfare, or to be currently unemployed."
    http://blog.heritage.org/2012/06/11/new-research-on-children-of-same-sex-parents-suggests-differences-matter/

• So not true

I happen to have a homosexual mother and her life in no way shape or form affected mine. I am an as straight as they come. Her life in no way affected my sexual orientation and it's ridiculous to think that it does. You don't have to pick up your parents habits.

• Children of homosexuals grow up straight

From what I've seen homosexual children generally choose the straight path. Unlike homes with two different gender parents which is considered normal in this society, homes with single gender parents are accustomed to being ridiculed and constantly fighting throughout life for their right to choose their sexual partner. Anyone who had to live through that growing up would not want to live like that for the rest of their lives.

• No, they aren't.

Frankly speaking, the sexual orientation of the parents seems to have no effect on the children. For example, many parents are surprised to find out their children identify as LGBT. This shows that the sexual orientation of a child isn't caused solely by the parents, but rather by other factors.

• Not at all

Sexual orientation is far more biological than anything else. Saying parents affect that is more of a misinterpretation than anything. Children of gay parents who are also gay won't have trouble stating their sexual orientation, while children of heterosexual parents may or may not have a problem, some may even marry the opposite sex to please their parent, however that does not change the fact they still are. Speaking from a rational standpoint, something as biological as sexual orientation can seldom be truly changed by a mere factor of parenthood and should not be treated in such a way.

• I have gay parents.

I'm a child of both gay and lesbian parents. They were married and got a divorce and went their own ways. I've lived and grown up with both of them, and I haven't experienced any liking in females. I am straight! To be a homosexual isnt necessarily a choice, my parents have made that very clear.

• No, definitely not

Look, there's no evidence to support this ridiculous idea that homosexuality can be passed from gay parents to children. People are born gay. There is one study that showed that boys with older brothers are more likely to be gay, even if their brothers are straight. But there is absolutely no evidence showing that gay parents equate to kids being gay.

• Not logical whatsoever.

I'm actually doing a debate about this in my English class. My opponent says that a child growing up in a gay home will be gay.. But if that was true then shouldnt all children growing up in a straight home be straight? Exactly. Its a way of life you're either born gay or you're not. But saying a child will he homosexual because of there parents is completely inaccurate.

• Born that way perhaps!

Being a lesbian fraternal twin with a straight as they come sister, with straight parents, I can say that it was not my parents upbringing that made me gay but probably something I was born with, probably genetic. The fact that there are other homosexuals on my mum's side further supports my theory. Would my children have a greater chance to be gay? Well if that's what my genes say then that is probably true. But the implication of this question is whether my lifestyle would infer an orientation to a child raised in my household. Well my lifestyle would probably make the child love animals and want to study about them, and be respectful of animals and other people, and probabaly also be a clean freak and a lover of the outdoors. My child would barely have the time to notice my orientation because it is the least interesting thing about me, just like any other straight person.

• Born that way perhaps!

• Being gay isn't a learnt behaviour it is part of your identity.

If your parents smoke or drank or whatever then yes there would be a tendency for you to do that ... As that's what you have seen and see as acceptable or not.
    My parents are straight and I am gay... By your logic I should be straight because I hVe see them being straight...? Wrong. I saw love. I saw two people who love and care for eachother. I didn't see two men or two women or a man and a woman. I saw two people.
    Being gay isn't a habit like smoking or drinking that I can just drop. J can't just go on a diet to lose my gayness. I am a person, who also identifies as gay.